Talk

Advanced search

Is the Mothercare Urban Detour double nice to walk with?

(8 Posts)
Meglet Sat 01-Aug-09 19:54:56

I have a P+T sport which was ideal when my dd was tiny and her big brother was smaller, but it's getting hard to push now they are 11mo and 2.9. The handle is too short to walk with comfortably, my back is hurting as I can only take little dolly steps and I tend to walk slightly bent over.

I have an urban detour single which I love walking with. Does anyone have the Urban Detour Double, it it much the same to push as the single version?

mumo75 Sat 01-Aug-09 20:58:43

yes its fantastic to walk with, not so great to lift though

Meglet Sat 01-Aug-09 21:04:38

thank you smile. I did suspect it weighs a tonne, but I think I'll have to treat it as a chance to make up for lost time at the gym.

simpson Sat 01-Aug-09 21:08:39

I had one too which I loved.

But its pretty wide though that was the only thing I did not like about it TBH as it did not fit through all shop doorways.

But an absolute dream to push grin

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Sat 01-Aug-09 21:18:02

My friend had one it was briliant to push but like others have said not great to pick up and wide but she used it for years. You also don't feel the weight when you are pushing it.

LynetteScavo Sat 01-Aug-09 21:26:27

Ditto what others have said - and it may not fit in the boot of your car.

It was also tricky to fold - you had to have the knack!

Meglet Sat 01-Aug-09 21:43:54

TBH it probably won't ever go in the car as I'll keep the p&t for days out. I have a people carrier so if pushed it should fit in there, but it won't be the end of the world if it won't fit in the car.

simpson Sat 01-Aug-09 21:53:48

it is easy to get back wheels off so if you need it to go in car it will unless tiny boot iyswim.

But it may not fit through your front door...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now