Talk

Advanced search

Cameras for kids - but not the V Tech or Fisher price ones!

(6 Posts)
OllieWollieWoo Sat 01-Aug-09 16:04:28

Want to buy a camera for DS who is 4 but had read variable reviews of the VTech and Fisher Proces ones which go on about the poor picture quality. Is there an alternative such as a basic digital camera (not ness a kid one) that your kids have coped with??? Or do I sacrifice picture quality for ease of use and get a VTech one???

TrinityRhinoIsInDetention Sat 01-Aug-09 16:12:12

the vtech one is fab
they dont car about the pictures not being studio quality

my 4.2 dd2 LOVES hers

my nine year old has a regular 7mp digi cam and it eats batteries like nothing on earth as she constantly wants to use it

I dont think a 4 year old would be overly chuffed with just a normal one
I dont think thye mind about pic quality at that age

also the pic quality isn't that bad at all

AcademicMum Sat 01-Aug-09 22:37:09

We avoided the specific kiddie cameras and bought ds1 (4 years) an adult camera in a waterproof case (for extra protection). The one we got was something like this www.amazon.co.uk/Vivitar-V5399-Digital-Camera-Black/dp/B001P0CRRI/ref=sr_1_25?ie=UTF8&s=electronics& qid=1249162447&sr=8-25. He loves it and it's really easy to use.

Tortoise Sat 01-Aug-09 22:42:36

There is a new vtech one in the Argos book which has a couple of mega pixels but i agree with TR. My DD1 and DD2 both have a vtech one and love it. Actually don't think the picture quality is that bad, not that they care about that.

feedthegoat Sat 01-Aug-09 22:43:05

My ds got the Little Tikes one at christmas and he loves it. Yes, the picture quality is terrible but he doesn't care. He is really proud of his photographs and he definately thinks about what he is doing with it now rather than just snapping the floor.

It was significantly cheaper than the V tech and Fisher price ones too at £19.99.

Tortoise Sat 01-Aug-09 22:44:44

here it is

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now