Talk

Advanced search

car seat for a 3 year old

(3 Posts)
vickiyumyum Mon 23-May-05 22:13:07

hi, my ds2 who is three always used to sit in the car nicely when he was in his britax freeway, but a few months ago when my car was broken into it along with my buggy was stolen. in my wisdom i decide that as he was now 3 he didn't need a big car seat but a booster with a back rest would be fine, so i brought the graco junior.
my problem is that he can get out of it without undoing the seat belt and several times had managed to escape and before i know it is leaning in between the 2 front seats this happened on the m25 this weekend! i now want to buy a new carseat for him one of the ones that range from 9 months to 4 years as no amount of explaining, shouting will kepp him in his booster. i considered buying a second hand one but obviously with not knowing the history of it decided i wouldn't be happy doing so.
my issue with buying one is that the only ones that i have seen that seems suitable and will last for any length of time is the maxi cosi as wider than the rest but costs over £100, does any one have any alternative suggestions? or would you recommen the maxi cosi and tell me to stop being so tight over my childs safety!

Gillian76 Mon 23-May-05 22:16:40

Britax do one called a Trio, but I don;t know how much it costs. It has a harness, but you can take the back off and it will be a booster later. Can't say anything good or bad about it though, as I've only seen it in Mothercare.

Don't know if that's any help at all!!?

nicm Tue 24-May-05 08:37:02

hi i would get a maxi cosi priori again. and use it until he's the top weight (18kgs)before taking him out. there is a website called babies247.com that has them for 79.99. hth

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now