Talk

Advanced search

Garden slide

(12 Posts)
funtimewincies Fri 31-Jul-09 19:07:29

Can anyone recommend a good garden slide? Ds is a confident 2.7 and I'm looking for one that will last a little while to come.

I'm not after one of those activity climbing frame things, just a slide. I've found some on t'internet, but it's impossible to tell from the pictures how sturdy/durable/large they are.

Hope that someone can help smile.

funtimewincies Sat 01-Aug-09 18:53:08

Anyone?

sazm Sat 01-Aug-09 19:10:17

TP do a good one,either wavy or straight, we got ours ( a big 7ft one)from toys r us,reduced from £80 dwn to £40 (last yr tho)

GrapefruitMoon Sat 01-Aug-09 19:18:33

We got one from ELC around 9 years ago which is still going strong

funtimewincies Sat 01-Aug-09 19:25:30

Thanks, I was hoping to get one in the Toys R Us Sale but they've got almost nothing in stock sad. A friend's dd has the 9ft from there which is really good but a bit pricey at £100+delivery.

Naetha Sat 01-Aug-09 19:27:13

We've got this which is great, but DS has been using it since he was 16 months, so may be a little too young for your DS?

www.littletikes.co.uk/product.php?filterorder=CA&search=&agemin=19&agemax=24&gender=&range=0&cat=6&i temid=45&returnurl=%2Fsearch.php%3Ffilterorder%3DCA%26search%3D%26gender%3D%26range%3D0%26cat%3D6%26 agemin%3D19%26agemax%3D24

GrapefruitMoon Sat 01-Aug-09 19:30:57

ELC have a TP one for £60 - they don't seem to do their own brand any more. What about Argos or Tesco Direct - they often have sales?

sazm Sat 01-Aug-09 19:50:38

ooh,it is the toys r us 9ft one we have! (i thought ours was 7ft but its not,)
its pricey at full price,but VERY sturdy (my hubby was on it) and will last a while (my ds is 5 and has LOADS of room on it)

funtimewincies Sat 01-Aug-09 19:56:36

Might see if the shop price is any cheaper than the online one hmm.

I'm not feeling very generous, though, now that ds has broken my cold-frame in a fit of temper sad. Very unusal behaviour for him, but he just had one on him today.

sazm Sat 01-Aug-09 21:03:13

ooh,not good fun
we bought it for ds's birthday,just V lucky it was reduced ( we dont have a shop anywhere near us so bought it online)it is well worth it if he will play on it a lot,
we have ds-5yo and a dd-3yo and also a dc-7m so will get plenty use in our garden,and would have been worth full price to us,

funtimewincies Sun 02-Aug-09 19:03:59

He helped me weed the allotment today (2 year olds, mud and buckets - a winning combination grin) so I'm feeling a little nicer today.

He's seeing his Nana this month for the first time in ages (she lives at the other end of the country) and she likes to give him something quite generous 'for his piggy bank' so we might ask her if it's OK to put it towards the slide.

sazm Tue 04-Aug-09 18:43:03

aww lol,thats nice,
good thing to do with the money,our lot get a few pounds here and there when they see folk (who say buy something in the pound shop) usually we save it up and buy a family thing for the garden,much more sensible lol!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now