Talk

Advanced search

Any one got or have had a Citroen XSARA PICASSO?

(27 Posts)
Marne Fri 31-Jul-09 18:11:48

Hi, we are thinking of getting a Pacasso as they seem to tick all the boxes for what we need, has anyone got one/had one and if so are you/were you happy with it?

timmette Fri 31-Jul-09 18:28:22

Well we got one as a rental once and dh disliked it so much he drove it back and got something else. The dashboard is huge or looks huge and he said it handled like a tank. But that's just his opinion and you may well like it - why not test drive.

Phoenix Fri 31-Jul-09 18:29:40

We are on our second one and absolutely love them

cthea Fri 31-Jul-09 18:31:24

DH tried one but didn't like the bit the steering wheel was on, made for uncomfortable drive.

Marne Fri 31-Jul-09 18:52:57

Thank you.

Phoenix- did it take you long to get used to the gear stick being in an odd place?

We are going to test drive one next week, i'm worried about it being higher up, i'm used to driving a big car/tank grin.

Phoenix Fri 31-Jul-09 18:55:02

It just feels normal tbh, i never had a problem with it been there.

KingCanuteIAm Fri 31-Jul-09 18:59:18

We love ours, took about 2 days of normal use to get used to the gear stick.

Once you are used to it you really don't feel high, it feels normal - however getting into a normal car feels strange!

One thing to get used to is the way the nose disapears under the dash - ie you cannot see the end of the bonnet at all although this is usual on modern cars it took me by surprise!

It parks in a normal sized parking space, the only thing I found is that full lock is not that great so the turning circle is not as good as it feels like it should be IYSWIM.

HuffySpice Fri 31-Jul-09 19:07:31

I had one. It was very practical. You could fit three stage 2 car seats on the back seat. Plenty of room for dogs and pushchairs and gubbins in the boot.

I was mostly pottering about in a 10-mile radius, but we also did a couple of big journies in it and it did the job.

Meh, it's not a car you could ever feel passionate about IMO. It wasn't a joy to drive really, but it chugged along reliably and I can't really criticise it either.

eandh Fri 31-Jul-09 19:09:10

Got one and love it, can fit 3 car seats in the back (although a little bit of a jiggle to do all the belts up but just a kanck you develop)

Took about a week to get used to height/gear stick etc but when I get in a normal car now I feel so low.

Was perfect for our holiday as could fit almost everything in the boot and has lots of extra handy storage (thing pulls out under passenger seat and both the footwells in teh back have storage compartment in which I keep blankets in case we ever break down)

Fit my buggy in the boot (plus picnic blanket/foot pump/ball and potty) and still fit in a weeks food shopping

Love it and very practical with my dd's (only 2 and 4 so the space/height is fab) although would prefer a sporty looking car but that wont be happening for a few years wink

TrinityRhinoIsInDetention Fri 31-Jul-09 19:10:05

I test drove one and a remault scenic

I hated the citreon
clunky, drove like a tank, dashboard looks massive. looks ugly

sorry dont like it

Smalline Fri 31-Jul-09 19:12:49

We've had one for nearly 9 years and love it, I remember the first time I drove one, felt high up, but got used to that in no time, to be honest, it doesn't even feel like the gear stick is in a different place, the display in the middle was a bit strange at first, lots of boot space which was a must for us.

Marne Fri 31-Jul-09 19:13:31

We chose it for the space in the back (room for 3 car seats), dh likes the height as we had a people carrier before (which dh crashed 3 days after we got it and i never got to drive it sad), dh also drives a van and says he feels safer higher up.

eandh- i know what you mean about a sporty car wink, maybe when the children are older.

eandh Fri 31-Jul-09 19:19:35

Marne - dh has reserved his dads vintage MG so that when FIL to old to drive/enjoy it he gets to have it <sigh and dream of driving across france in the vintage mg roof down and no kids yelling>

TwoIfBySea Fri 31-Jul-09 19:23:27

Have one, costs a fortune in servicing, always needing stuff done to it.

There is also a bad blind spot caused by the front windscreen pillar.

eandh Fri 31-Jul-09 19:25:56

twoifbyasea - Really mine is a 52 plate and had it 2.5 years replaced 2 front tyres (normal wear and tear) and had new brake pads put ont his month (for MOT) apart form that never had to have work done on it

Celery Fri 31-Jul-09 19:26:05

It's not the most exciting car, but it does the job for me. Huge boot, plenty of space for three kids. I went from driving my first and only car which was a tiny low down Ford KA to the Citroen Picassa and it only took a day or two to get used to it. I love being high up, and the gear stick position wasn't a problem at all.

Celery Fri 31-Jul-09 19:26:41

Agree about the bad blind spot though.

popsycal Fri 31-Jul-09 19:27:38

me
very happy
perfect for us and our three boys

KingCanuteIAm Fri 31-Jul-09 19:28:55

Is it worrying or good that I have not noticed a particular blind spot?

Mine has had no problems yet, we have had it about a year but it is an older one so I was expecting something to have gone wrong by now grin

popsycal Fri 31-Jul-09 19:29:52

took a day or so to get used to the height/gear stick but fine there after
agree about front windscreen blind spot but you cope with it

I can fit a massive travel system style buggy, an umbrella fold buggy, 2 sccoters, football , weekly shop in the boot

Smalline Fri 31-Jul-09 20:01:50

I think it depends where you take it for servicing, used to take it to Citroen, that was expensive, now take it to Fords very reasonable, can't say that much has gone wrong with it just general wear and tear, new tyres, exhaust, good going for 9 years I thinksmile.

babydrip Fri 31-Jul-09 22:00:21

Hi
This is only my third car....took me quiet a while to pass my test! blush
anyway my first was a corsa, then citroen pluriel soft top (sold once babies arrived!) now got the picasso!...love it...love being high up as i can see ....one friend was amazed how much you can see (agree re blind spot b ut once you know its there...no worries and tbh i dont think its as bad a some!)
loads of room all round....and extra huge boot....especially good to hide new pushchairs in wink!
hahah
love
Tracey
xxx

GlastonburyGoddess Fri 31-Jul-09 22:09:54

had mine two years now. gearstick position not an issue for me as i learnt to drive in a C1 which has it in the same place, then bought picasso as soon as id passed.the blind spot of the windscreen pillar did irrate me at first, but I didnt notice it after a few weeks.

Ive done about 60K in mine(commuting to uni) and never needed anything apart from new tyres, mines a 51 plate.

I like being slightly higher up and I love the fact you can raise the drivers seat(im a 5ft2 shortarse)

the boot is great, there are lots of cubbyholes/compartments to stash stuff and the back seats can be taken out relatively easily to convert to basically a small van(great for carbooting/taking stuff to the tip!)

proverbial Fri 31-Jul-09 22:21:23

I just bought an 02 1.6 petrol last week, really like it, but one serious problem...seems to be usin far too much petrol. I put ?45 euro in (almost a full tank) and its down to the last green bar and I've done 380km. That can't be right can it? I traded in an old skoda for it which ot double that to a tank.
Anyone know?

GlastonburyGoddess Fri 31-Jul-09 22:30:58

Mine does about 500m for £50. best way to test it(the digital counter thing is not that reliable) is get a small petrol can, fill up, fill tank and press milage counter and run it till it wont start up/runs out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now