Talk

Advanced search

can you recommend a dim light for nursery and also for a 3 yr old ds?

(12 Posts)
mad4myboys Thu 30-Jul-09 18:51:48

My 8 month old doesnt seem to like the dark! There is a glow to the intercom but i want to get a different type of light? A nice/calming glow type thing,not a lamp?

Also same sort of thing for 3 year old...was looking at those little rechargable lights that are animals?They can take them into bed with them/to the toilet but are £25 and want to know what they are like?

Northernlurker Thu 30-Jul-09 18:54:29

What about putting a dimmer switch on the main light in the room?

Dd3 has one of those wall lights shaped like a star that Ikea do. Up on the wall well away from her cot it gives enough light if she wants it on but isn't at all bright.

dinkystinky Thu 30-Jul-09 18:55:59

Maybe try an autofade light - we have them in DS1's room (3 years old) and in DS2's room (5 months old) can be really bright when you need it for stories then dim it right down for a low glow for night times/night feeds.

mad4myboys Thu 30-Jul-09 19:01:22

i dont want something that is up on the ceiling,something out of direct eye line when laying down?

How does the auto fade work? they dont turn off completely on their own do they?

wakeupeverybody Thu 30-Jul-09 19:55:14

What about a Moonlight night light? Emits a 'greenish' type of low level light, nice and calm- and the light stays cool to touch so safe, and it only costs 50p a year to run (apparently). Goes in a socket like a regular night light. But maybe not the glow you were thinking of?

dinkystinky Thu 30-Jul-09 19:57:34

Re autofade lights - you can either use them on autofade mode (so they will turn off over a few minutes which is what I use in DS2's room for night feeds as just need it on to find him in his cot and latch him on then am fine in the dark) or just dim them right down and leave them on overnight (which is what DS1 needed for a few nights when he was nearly 3).

melpomene Thu 30-Jul-09 20:03:56

Another vote for Autofade - my dds have them in their rooms and I also have one in my bedroom. Easy to adjust the light level, and it's toddlerproof because the bulb is hidden and it doesn't get hot.

Flo23 Thu 30-Jul-09 20:06:07

Have this one in DS1 room.

Flo23 Thu 30-Jul-09 20:07:11

Sorry, will try again...www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/1064440

Flo23 Thu 30-Jul-09 20:08:33

Cant seem to be able to link it.. Its the Spoka nightlight anyway!

raffyandted Fri 31-Jul-09 21:58:20

I can wholeheartedly second the Moonlight nightlight. We have three dotted around the house...one in DS bedroom, one on the landing (for night-time bathroom trips) and one downstairs.click to see

They do give a lovely soft glow, not bright but just enough to see your way. I suppose they are akin to having the moon shining in on a clear night.

mummypig Fri 31-Jul-09 22:14:26

I have a Moonlight for ds2 (5yo) who gets scared otherwise. Wish I'd bought one when breastfeeding ds3 as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now