Talk

Advanced search

Using Maclaren Techno XLR from birth?

(5 Posts)
TheCollection Tue 28-Jul-09 20:02:13

OK, so we got a Maclaren Techno XLR + carrycot for newborns in an attempt to avoid spending for a pram as well. Anybody else used it for newborns? Any advice – for example, we’ve been told that it’s not parent facing, but there is a bit to go above the carrycot that seems to make it parent facing – or is that only used when you are using the cot separately? Also, what kind of stuff do you recommend to buy for inside the carrycot (apologies for asking a very basic question, but still getting to grips with all this...)

sazm Wed 29-Jul-09 12:32:42

it is parent facing when using the carrycot,when they get too big for the carrycot then they need to go in the pushchair facing away from you,
when is your baby due?(winter time you will need lots of blankets/and a snowsuit)autumn you wont need so much,
cheap blankets never go wrong,and prob 3 sheets at least for the carrycot mattress incase lo is sick/has a leaky nappy lol,

TheCollection Wed 29-Jul-09 14:59:23

Thanks v. much Sazm - baby due in a few weeks, so I guess I can hold off on a snowsuit - for now!

Blankets and sheets, cool, would you say something waterproof as well for nappy accidents?...

(Btw I'm surprised they don't list all this stuff next to the carrycot online, it's such an obvious up-sell for them... but hey.)

sazm Wed 29-Jul-09 16:29:04

lol,if they did list it along side with the carrycot it would prob cost a fortune!
you can pick up cheap blankets no probs,i got lovely stuff in primark,
i've never had anything waterproof on my buggys,but my lo did have a disaterous nappy in his carseat and it was a nightmare getting it off clean and dry for teh next morning!
the mattress might come with a waterproof cover,

nicolamumof3 Wed 29-Jul-09 21:10:25

whats the mattress itself like on the carrycot? would think that is waterproof, they normally are.

john lewis imo & experience do the best in fitted sheets lovely thick t-shirt type material which fits without buckling mattress.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now