Talk

Advanced search

Charity that will take lots of baby clothes?

(10 Posts)
tab Tue 28-Jul-09 18:26:31

Apart from nct, I wondered if anyone knows if any of the highstreet charity shops welcome baby clothes. I have a lot and cannot face another nct sale but by the same token, if i am now going to donate them, I would really like them to go to a a charity that either can redistribute them or who will be able to use them. We are in south east london. any suggestions welcome.

EldonAve Tue 28-Jul-09 18:29:31

fara will take them

crokky Tue 28-Jul-09 18:30:55

you could ring the ones nearby and ask - we have a hospice charity shop round here and there are loads of the same ones in this city - if one shop gets a lot of stuff, they just redistribute it to the others. I think it varies quite a lot froms shop to shop.

tab Tue 28-Jul-09 18:31:01

sorry, eldonave what/who is fara.

frimblypoo Tue 28-Jul-09 18:32:42

also you may like to see if you can contact local women's refuge, quite often women and children leave only with things they stand up in

RainbowJelly Tue 28-Jul-09 18:34:51

frimblypoo - i was just going to say womens refuge too. That's what I do with mine and DS's clothes. I don't actually know where our refuge is - but a HV I know is in contact with them snd she takes them for me.

EldonAve Tue 28-Jul-09 18:41:38

romanian orphans - they have shops that just sell kids stuff

bubble2bubble Tue 28-Jul-09 20:21:53

I gave a load of stuff to our local Surestart - asked them first, and they said they could definately use it

tab Tue 28-Jul-09 21:00:41

Thank you. Those are some very good suggestions. I will make some phone calls tomorrow

cheekysealion Tue 28-Jul-09 21:04:55

I would take to local homestart... they would always know someone in need that would love them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now