Talk

Advanced search

Toddler chair and maybe a table?

(17 Posts)
LaTrucha Tue 28-Jul-09 13:14:15

Can anyone recommend a good one?

I saw one in Argos which I liked the idea of which had a table attached to a seat, like an old school desk. It seems to have disappeared now and it was decorated horribly anyway. If there's a plain one, that might be good.

Or are they, as my dad says, a complete waste of money?

notsoteenagemum Tue 28-Jul-09 13:23:39

I always like the plain wood ones from Ikea, two chairs and a table for about £15 and you can decorate them as you wish.
IME the attached ones can be a bit difficult for clumsy toddlers to get in and out of, MIL has a picnic bench type one and dd and ds used to fall over getting in and out and it's hard for any one to sit with them. My big behind can just about engulf sit on a free standing mini chairgrin

shonaspurtle Tue 28-Jul-09 13:38:00

I don't think you can beat IKEA tbh. They do quite a few different designs and seem to be well made.

I bought ds a chair from there which is just the right size for him to sit at the coffee table and play/eat. They do nice matching wee tables as well though.

Naetha Tue 28-Jul-09 13:40:28

IKEA Kritter are great and solidly built (dependent on your own flat back building skills!).

Dunno if you're nearby, but they're on special offer at Leeds IKEA at the moment.

HensMum Tue 28-Jul-09 13:46:37

We've got the IKEA Latt at home. The table is great for drawing etc but DS doesn't use the chair much as it's still a bit high for him (he's a tall 21 months)
The holiday place we went to had the IKEA Poang armchairs and both DS and my niece (2.4) loved them. Really nice chairs for reading/TV watching.

LaTrucha Tue 28-Jul-09 15:28:58

We have no IKEA - and they charge £60 for delivery in Wales!

Damn them for being so good.

Thanks for your replies, but are there any other options?

Notsoteenage - LMLardyAO at engulf. Thanks for the tip about the attached one. I kind of thought so.

Naetha Tue 28-Jul-09 22:46:55

This week Morrissons have a "Until It's Gone" offer on a toddler table and chairs.

I can't remember how much it was, but it looked OK, and might be worth a try

lambanana Tue 28-Jul-09 23:59:58

we have

this chair

this

and this

I have to say that although quite pricey they are invaluable and our dd's (3 and 2) use them every day. You can 2 other chairs in blue and red. The table is a good size without being awkward.

notsoteenagemum Wed 29-Jul-09 11:06:18

LaTrucha I have just been browsing the new Argos catalogue(it's raining and I'm boredgrin) anyway they have some nice little tables and chairs in the furniture section. They are quite expensive though, but like lambanana you will get loads of use.
Also TK Maxx sometimes have nice ones but obviously its hit and miss.

LaTrucha Fri 31-Jul-09 13:32:38

sorry I've not been on - the flu struck here.

Lambanana - I've seen those and good to know they work. They're certainly very cute.

Thanks Naetha - if we get to Morrisons in time I'll check them out. We're still stuck in the house ATM.

Notsoteenage - Thanks. I'll check out the new catalogue.

mejon Fri 31-Jul-09 21:18:11

LaTrucha - they definitely had the set Naetha mentions in Morrisons in Aber on Monday - I think it was £10 or something similar. I was tempted but then remembered that we've already got an Ikea set!

blithedance Fri 31-Jul-09 21:29:31

Tried ebay? You often get people re-selling new IKEA things with normal delivery charges. Also quite often used ones are not too worn. Loads of our furniture is secondhand and I'm amazed how people manage to keep things in such good condition.

LaTrucha Sun 02-Aug-09 14:43:45

I have had a look on eba, thanks blithedance. Haven't found any yet. Will keep looking.

Mejon - oo thanks. Unfortunately, we're still confining ourselves to the house due to swine flu. Terrified of meeting anyone we know on the street and having to bolt in the other direction. Baby still coughing today.

sazzerbear Sun 02-Aug-09 14:56:07

we have thie plastic one, doesn't take up too much room and good for indoors and out!

//www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500001801&langId=-1&sear chTerms=childrens%20bench

sazzerbear Sun 02-Aug-09 14:57:11

DS does not have too many problems getting in and out either!

LaTrucha Sun 02-Aug-09 19:03:26

Thanks sazzer. I like the bench with tow separate tables shown there too.

sazzerbear Sun 02-Aug-09 21:17:31

no worries!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now