Talk

Advanced search

Desperately wanted: 'Everything Stops for Tea' Whittard Mug

(10 Posts)
porcupine11 Tue 28-Jul-09 08:37:16

I would be so grateful if anyone had a lead as to where I could buy this mug, previously sold by Whittard of Chelsea.

It is designed by Anita Jeram and has a rabbit pouring a cup of tea for a hamster or gerbil, and the words 'everything stops for tea' inside the rim.

My mum bought it for my stepfather shortly before she died, and now it has got broken and he is distraught. I have looked on ebay and all over the web for a replacement - I know it won't be 'the one' but I think it would cheer him up a bit. I wondered if anyone might have seen one for sale in a local shop or might have one they want to sell via Gumtree or similar.

Thanks for any help...

porcupine11 Tue 28-Jul-09 09:18:07

bump

Thandeka Tue 28-Jul-09 09:30:03

http://www.whittard.com.au/store/productinfo.php?productsid=469&osCsid=bcc44e13517637e152a7700720f 9adef

they seem to have it in aus? or is that not the one?

Thandeka Tue 28-Jul-09 09:31:35

or what about this:

Hope you find it?

porcupine11 Tue 28-Jul-09 09:46:48

Thank you for having a search for me Thandeka, it's really kind. The kitchenbee site links to Amazon, and then doesn't have most of the stock sadly, and the Australian site doesn't take UK orders (though I have emailed them to ask if I can order by phone and pay special shipping - I really am desperate!)

Montifer Tue 28-Jul-09 09:50:47

Have you tried Chinasearch? If they haven't got it you can register for a search and they will notify you if one comes in.
Hope that helps

porcupine11 Tue 28-Jul-09 09:56:50

Thanks Montifer, I didn't know about that site. I've registered it as a search, so fingers crossed...

hayleia Mon 03-Aug-09 06:20:11

http://anniesteatime.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&StoreCode=att&Product_Code=619&CategoryCode= CH-MG

I would be distraught too... now that I think of it, I broke the Chatsford teapot my mom brought from England, and I was distraught. And she is still around!

Good luck! love Hayley

savoycabbage Tue 04-Aug-09 02:42:16

There are lots and lots of us in Australia so I am sure that we will be able to help you.

Which one is it? whittard

SpankyCnut Tue 04-Aug-09 05:18:04

Am in Sydney and happy to help if Savoycabbage can't locate it (tis ninedragons trying on a stupid name for size).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now