Talk

Advanced search

Bugaboo Transport Bags

(7 Posts)
scattykatty Mon 27-Jul-09 20:05:06

Has anyone had a Bugaboo wheeled transport bag? Does it fold down smaller for storage?

I've seen a local ish advert for a new one and they said it comes in a huge box so the postage will be massive but I thought as it was empty it would fold in on it's self and not actually come in that big a box....anyone had one from new that could tell me?

If it really does come in a box bigger than could be delivered by Royal Mail then I think it would just be cheaper for me to get a new one from John Lewis with free P&P...

Thanks!

suwoo Mon 27-Jul-09 20:09:37

I've got one and I don't think it goes any smaller, its in the loft as is- so am guessing not. If it were me, I would ask for it to be wrapped in bin bags and use a cheap courier. It shouldn't be damnaged in transit as that is the whole point of using it on a plane.

How much are they asking?

scattykatty Mon 27-Jul-09 20:35:07

They want £25 P&P and they say it comes in the orginal box, never used so I really need to know just how big the box they come in is so I can see just how unreasonalbe that quote is!

suwoo Mon 27-Jul-09 21:32:11

It does fold, there is a pic here. The best courier is parcel2go. If you get the measurements you will be able to get a quote. They start at £6.89. I have had a quick google, but not for the folded measurements.

HTH

scattykatty Mon 27-Jul-09 22:16:33

Now that is reasonable P&P! I'm glad it folds down too, otherwise it would take up a LOT of room... I only need it for when we move house so chassis no.2 doesn't get any scratches (OCD DH says!)

suwoo Mon 27-Jul-09 22:19:51

Where do you live? you could borrow mine, I'm in Manchester.

scattykatty Mon 27-Jul-09 22:29:04

I'm in Swindon ish but we're gonna be moving back to Germany with the army, hopefully at the start of next year --tax free shopping Heaven..yum-- Thanks for the offer though grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now