Advanced search

Fly screen type thing for a tilt and turn UPVC window

(4 Posts)
IwishIwasmoreorganised Mon 27-Jul-09 15:37:17

Does anyone know if such a thing exists?

A cat has just scared the living daylights out of me by managing to squeeze in through our kitchen window and creeping up on me!

This is the only thing (apart from keeping the window closed!) that I can think of to stop it happening again.

kitkatqueen Tue 28-Jul-09 01:05:40

Velcrostrips stuck on round window and a net curtain cut to size?

Works well to keep bugs out of the dc's bedrooms at night.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Tue 28-Jul-09 20:53:49

Does that go inside or outside of the window itself?

I've found some stuff like that easily available but it's all supposed to go inside the window and as ours are tilt/turn it'll have to go outside and I was wondering how it might stick in the longer turn?

kitkatqueen Wed 29-Jul-09 15:02:56

If you can reach to put it on from the outside and its something you plan on using long term then to be honest I would cut netting to the right size on the outside and use wooden strips to screw it onto the brickwork. Velcro will last for a long time outside tho..

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: