Advanced search

Chicco for me stroller - any thoughts?

(19 Posts)
anniemac Mon 27-Jul-09 15:03:14

Message withdrawn

sazm Mon 27-Jul-09 21:47:18

i nearly bought this buggy,
i would go for the second hand bee,
the main reason i didnt go for this is that a friend had it and only used it for 6 months,then bought a speedi as she founf it very rickety/flimsy,
also in rearfacing mode it is VERY long when folded and it wouldn't go in my car
i did really like the car seat that went with it,
how about a loola up?its similar but more sturdy and smaller folding,

anniemac Tue 28-Jul-09 09:55:59

Message withdrawn

anniemac Tue 28-Jul-09 10:03:55

Message withdrawn

thehairybabysmum Tue 28-Jul-09 10:22:31

I have the older version of this and it's brilliant. The only fault is that it doesnt rear face and that is what they've changegd on the new version.

Mine is v. sturdy...still going strong with ds2 who is nearly 2 and ive walked miles with it.

I would say get the carrycot version for a newborn as it is no longer than the seat.

Best things about this buggy are:

umbrella fold without taking it to bits like others.

Big shopping basket
raincover fits in pocket in hood.
Nice wide seat with good upright position. IMO when you see young children in a maclaren they look as if they are suspended by the crotch form the strap as they cant sit up properly as the back doesnt go vertical.

Bigger wheels than a maclaren so nicer to push.

thehairybabysmum Tue 28-Jul-09 10:23:18

as in an older version of the Chicco

anniemac Tue 28-Jul-09 10:30:19

Message withdrawn

anniemac Tue 28-Jul-09 10:43:21

Message withdrawn

thehairybabysmum Tue 28-Jul-09 12:00:32

Where i live they have those buses that take the buggy unfolded, it is smaller than most prams though obs not as small as a maclaren.

It does fold up easily as it is umbrella fold if needed...mine stands up when folded too which is useful on a train or similar...the new one has slightly different wheels to mine though i would check this is still the case.

I have used a friends maclaren and i think they're awful to push as the wheels so tiny. Its the way that the child doesnt seeem to actaully 'sit' properly on teh seat that i hate the most though.

anniemac Tue 28-Jul-09 12:24:03

Message withdrawn

anniemac Tue 28-Jul-09 14:00:01

Message withdrawn

IndigoBlue Tue 28-Jul-09 19:16:53

I have a chicco for me, main reason I got that one was that I wanted a rear facing one and it was a very good price at kiddicare at the time. Have had it a couple of months now and my son was 12 months when i bought it so can't comment about using it for a newborn but would think it would be fine. I use mine mainly in rear facing mode and have been happy with it.

Also like the fact that you can have the handles like a stroller or attach the bar across to make it more like a pram.

Yes it is long when folded in rear facing position but I can get it in my hatchback car although I have to take the hood off to stop it getting damaged.

5inthebed Tue 28-Jul-09 20:18:13

I had one of these, and wasn't too keen, as was awkward when folded in rear facing, and the rain cover is flimsy and doesn't fit great in rear facing. It's also quite long when in rear facing lying down.

Facing forward though, its a great pram.

anniemac Wed 29-Jul-09 09:44:53

Message withdrawn

5inthebed Wed 29-Jul-09 21:01:05

I actually loved it with the car seat on. Practice putting it on first though, there is a knack to it. It was a great pram for a car seat.

sazm Wed 29-Jul-09 23:24:14

car seat is also good as it comes with a base for in the car,

providentielle Wed 29-Jul-09 23:56:15

Just to answer your earlier question, the loola does fold with the seat on, it is a good buggy, have used in my nanny job and also recommended for my SIL who now has one, it is quite big and heavy for London transport though

OmicronPersei8 Thu 30-Jul-09 00:05:12

I have the chicco and have used it on London buses. If you go in the buggy bit it isn't too bad rear-facing. I chose it over the loola as if is lighter (I think). If I know I'm going by bus during a busy time I sometimes have it forward-facing so it'll take up a little bit less room.

I haven't used it with a car seat but rear-facing it does lie pretty flat. I don't find it too rickety, although DH refuses to use the bar attachment as he says it makes it feel too 'wobbly'. I find it great however as I can then also hold DD's hand when we cross the road.

anniemac Thu 30-Jul-09 11:17:11

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now