Talk

Advanced search

Sony Cyber camera memory card - used to have 150 + pictures now 39

(6 Posts)
friendly Mon 27-Jul-09 12:12:23

I seem to be going backwards when it comes to technology. My camera's memory card used to store over 150 pictures now it only stores 39. Can anyone help me? Could I have done anything to it to make this happen? Thank you

TrinityRhinoIsInDetention Mon 27-Jul-09 12:14:13

are you sure its in the camera?

TrinityRhinoIsInDetention Mon 27-Jul-09 12:14:51

or you may have set the default for storage of pictures to the internal memory instead of the card

friendly Mon 27-Jul-09 12:42:06

It is definitely in the camera. i wonder if i have reset the default. I feel like my dear old mum but how would i know that i've done that? Thank you TRIID

bumpybecky Mon 27-Jul-09 12:50:33

have you changed the size of the pictures? maybe you were saving them as small files so fitted more in?

otherwise perhaps the memory card needs reformatting? I'm sure I was told once the card keeps a tiny footprint of everything that has been stored on it and if you've been taking pics on and off for a while maybe the footprints are taking over?!

friendly Mon 27-Jul-09 13:23:49

Thank you to both of you. I need to do a course to bring me into 21st century. I uploaded my photos onto the computer and while doing that noticed i had some files of photos on the memory stick which didn't show up on the camera. I'd saved them before so deleted them and fingers crossed it seems to have sorted things out. Off to find manual.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now