Talk

Advanced search

Lightweight umbrella buggy that'll fit in a large suitcase - does such a thing exist?

(13 Posts)
galaxy Sun 22-May-05 21:57:08

dd is 2.5 yrs and we are off on hols on Friday. She is anti pushchair most of the time, but we'll be doing a lot of sight-seeing and I want to have the option of somewhere for her to rest.

We have a Maclaren Techno which, whilst light, wont get on as hand luggage and our last one was damaged in the hold.

Been looking for a small buggy that will fold up and be able to sit in the top of the suitcase but all seem to be too long.

Any ideas?

galaxy Sun 22-May-05 22:10:35

Take it that's a "no" then

OxyMoron Sun 22-May-05 22:12:09

quinny zapp ?

misdee Sun 22-May-05 22:13:05

a citisport might tho. how bigs the suitcase?

gingerbear Sun 22-May-05 22:14:06

There is a really expensive bugy that has been menttioned on here.... the Quinny Zapp or something that folds really small, but not a good buy for a 2.5 yr old. Why not buy a megacheap buggy and it won't matter if it gets trashed in the hold? (Did you not claim for the techno??)

gingerbear Sun 22-May-05 22:14:57

PS I can spell, really I can, but my keeyyyboard is going haywirre!

galaxy Sun 22-May-05 22:16:32

Suitcase is just over 110cm long so pretty standard "large" size. I only want a cheap one as it'll hardly get any use

misdee Sun 22-May-05 22:18:10

citisport isnt umbrella fold, but is light and will fight in the suitacse.

Fimbo Sun 22-May-05 23:08:11

We travel up and down frequently between Scotland and London and haven't had a problem with our buggy if we hold on to it and only hand it over to go in the hold when the plane starts to board.

Chuffed Mon 23-May-05 10:10:32

quicksmart stroller but you'd need to bring it over yourself from australia.

galaxy Mon 23-May-05 11:56:47

That's brilliant chuffed! I told dh he should invent a telescopic pushchair last night and he looked at me like I was mad.

anchovies Mon 23-May-05 12:08:59

Can't you claim for it if it gets damaged? We usually end up claiming for a suitcase or the travel cot every year!

Teaandcake Tue 24-May-05 09:25:17

Hi Galaxy, you could buy a Maclaren travel bag (for your Techno) and put it in just before you board the plane. They're about £30, cheaper than a whole new buggy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now