Talk

Advanced search

Blimey! I really don't get that Clarks ad at all?

(20 Posts)
treacletart Sun 26-Jul-09 17:39:37

"When it comes to school shoes we've done our homework - order online and collect in store" er.... why? Why wouldn't you want them delivered to your home? What's the point of that? And isn't their whole thing with kids shoes how important it is to get them measured? Mind you, I dont shop there anymore having caught their so called "expert" fitters out several times...

hippipotamiHasLost49lbs Sun 26-Jul-09 17:43:04

That's why they say 'delivered to store'. They fit them for you and if they don't fit then you don't buy them. So why not go to the store in teh first place??
Or even better, avoid Clarks alltogether and go to a nice independent shop to buy better shoes fitted by nicer and more competent staff smile

BadgersArse Sun 26-Jul-09 17:43:37

there are some fab womens shoes in there I want for work. let me know when they do the money off voucher

LIZS Sun 26-Jul-09 17:46:13

do you have to pay when you order ? Clarks so rarely fit dd that I'd order several sizes/styles for her to try as they never have them instore normally.I guess this is in response to Startrite going online.

treacletart Sun 26-Jul-09 17:51:32

very strange

BertieBotts Sun 26-Jul-09 17:53:13

My friend has used this service - you order a few sizes/styles to try on in store. Not sure if you have to pay or not.

Katisha Sun 26-Jul-09 18:27:19

So is this because they never have the sizes in the styles you want in the shop?

Why don't they address that instead of starting a complicated non-online-shopping system?

nicolamumof3 Sun 26-Jul-09 20:38:57

why is it strange? good idea imo at least you know they will have the styles/sizes you want when you go in? don't pay for them either, only whatever you purchase in store.

PrincessToadstool Sun 26-Jul-09 20:42:03

What shoes badger?

thisisyesterday Sun 26-Jul-09 20:47:04

you don't pay in advance afaik. it means you get the selection you want in the sizes you need and can get them fitted in store.

as for addrressing the problem of not having enough choice in store in the first place. imagine, if you will, the number of different style of shoe they stock.
then times each style by each different size, then again by width. and then of course you'd need several because someone might come and buy one and there wouldn't be one for the next person...
you just can't stock that many shoes. most shops just don't have the stock room space to have every single shoe in every single size unfortunately.

PrincessToadstool Sun 26-Jul-09 20:48:17

PErhaps they should prune their range:

black shoes
brown shoes
navy shoes
plimsolls

et voila, problem solved!

PenguinProject Sun 26-Jul-09 20:48:25

I did this, but when I went in to get the shoes they were awful. (They were brown, but actually looked dirty, like they were really old not brand new). Anyway got a different pair and confirmed very clearly that I didn't want the original ones that I'd ordered. They were fine about it.

So why have I since received a further six texts/emails advising me that the shoes I ordered are in store? It's put me off TBH.

melpomene Sun 26-Jul-09 20:54:27

Yes, it's because when you go into a Clarks shop they're very unlikely to have your preferred style available in the size you want, unless you pre-order it. Whenever I've been in they've had only 2 or 3 styles to choose from in my dd's size (and they don't have wide or narrow feet).

I pre-ordered some shoes for dd2 a while ago, but alas she refused to have them because they weren't pink so we ended up buying another style instead!

melpomene Sun 26-Jul-09 20:56:47

Having said that, I would prefer to have shoes delivered to me at home because I don't trust Clarks fitters to fit shoes any better than I can fit them myself. On several occasions my dds have had blisters and/or bleeding from 'properly fitted' Clarks shoes.

BadgersArse Sun 26-Jul-09 21:03:56

oh hold on they are a watered down copy of the mulberry loafers here [[http://www.augustmayfield.com/sblog/uploaded_images/Mulberry-722791.jpg swoon]

but obv not as nice

nicolamumof3 Sun 26-Jul-09 21:04:15

agree i much prefer startrite!

BadgersArse Sun 26-Jul-09 21:04:32

i thought nice under grey wool mix trews with a fishnet tight

BadgersArse Sun 26-Jul-09 21:05:04

swoon mulberry

nicolamumof3 Sun 26-Jul-09 21:29:07

ooooh yum!

PrincessToadstool Mon 27-Jul-09 07:48:33

Oh I quite like those, nice colour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now