Talk

Advanced search

startrite foot gauge

(9 Posts)
Carameli Sun 26-Jul-09 15:55:41

has anyone used these at home and found them successful?
Also do they work for ranges other than startrite. Seems like a good way to avoid back to school rush.

ButterbeerAndLemon Sun 26-Jul-09 16:07:53

There is also a free thing on the startrite website where you can print out a grid, photograph your child's feet against it, upload the photos and be told what shoe size he/she is. I've done that and got the same result as a trained foot size measurer who did it the same day, so that's another option.

Some ranges (and some styles within ranges) do come up bigger/smaller/wider/narrower, though, so any size is only a starting point.

Loopymumsy Sun 26-Jul-09 21:58:19

Message withdrawn

Carameli Mon 27-Jul-09 08:36:51

hi,

yes on the startrite website

foot gauges

I thought they sounded like a great idea.

HappyMummyOfOne Mon 27-Jul-09 09:55:18

Spotted these yesterday and ordered one, its a drive into town to get them checked every couple of months and always busy so this will be very useful.

They have some nice trainers on sale but the backs were not right for DS but a good buy if they suit.

savoycabbage Mon 27-Jul-09 10:07:27

I've got one and they are definitely useful. There is a much bigger selection on the website and you can send them back if they don't fit. Isn't there a size difference between clarks and startrite? I seem to remember something about that. One of them is a size bigger or some such thing.

HappyMummyOfOne Mon 27-Jul-09 10:48:41

Oh no, is there really a size difference? I assumed the guage was standard rather than just brand related. I was hoping to use it for clarks and sportswear as dont tend to buy startrite.

PortAndLemon Mon 27-Jul-09 14:36:14

There's not supposed to be a size difference. Shoe sizes are supposed to be standard. But some brands have a reputation for coming up big or small, just as with clothes sizing. The gauge will give you a size for your child's feet and you could then ask around (on MN, even) about whether the brand you're considering tends to come up big or small.

scattykatty Mon 27-Jul-09 15:19:17

Start rite comes up at least 1/2 a size bigger than Clarks. DS is 5.5 in Doodles but still wears his 4.5 Tumbles...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now