Talk

Advanced search

All-terrain double buggy or bike trailer that converts to buggy?

(9 Posts)
BigTeuchLittleTeuch Sun 26-Jul-09 12:55:09

Have 3 year old and 7mth old and I want to be able to walk into village and back, which is too far for toddler and I'd rather not work with sling/backpack as either or both often snooze...

We need all-terrain just to get out of the house, so stroller wheels are just no go...has to be 3/4 proper tyres.

I will try and buy 2nd hand if possible, but have been looking at both double buggies and the bike trailers which double as a pushchair (I won't likely use as a bike trailer...).

Any recommendations very welcome!!

horsemadgal Sun 26-Jul-09 15:38:32

I have a bike trailer which doubles as a buggy. I wouldn't buy it as a buggy though, it doesn't fold and the front wheel isn't in the middle.

Fab though if you will use as bike trailer for holidays etc. saves taking 2 with you.

BigTeuchLittleTeuch Sun 26-Jul-09 20:04:09

okay - it doesn't have to fold either, I can just wheel into shed.

How heavy/difficult to steer is it compared to buggy?

nicolamumof3 Sun 26-Jul-09 20:34:34

i don't know why you want a bike trailer if not to use as a trailer?

i'd get double mb or cheaper alternative nipper, they are super light and i rate them highly grin

horsemadgal Sun 26-Jul-09 21:11:43

It's not too bad to steer as long as has swivel wheel.

The kids are not as comfy though and doubt would sleep. The seats don't recline and they are very close to the ground. My eldest has to be careful his feet don't drag the ground (he is 5 though and at the limit weighwise!)

BigTeuchLittleTeuch Mon 27-Jul-09 20:56:48

Yeah, I know the bike trailer is a strange one if not cycling, but a few folk have them round here due to terrain and not really needing to fold grin

I just don't want to get a buggy and realise that I can't get it past my gate...we are very off-road^ grin

thanks for advice!

nicolamumof3 Mon 27-Jul-09 21:37:57

i don't think theres much terrain that will beat a mb tho!

Lucky13 Thu 30-Jul-09 23:48:39

We are v v off road too and never had any probs with a MB - snow, sand, v deep mud and up mountains - all fine!

BigTeuchLittleTeuch Fri 31-Jul-09 16:15:07

couldn't stretch to MB as already have 'mainland' stroller, all-terrain single pushchair and our single pram/pushchair which is a bit cleaner grin

Have gone for a 2nd hand nipper which looks like it will do the job for a bit less moolah!

But...also have my eye on a nearly new Hauck Duo with air wheels...as it comes with raincover and footmuffs (which we use a LOT!).

If anyone has any experience of these I'd be very interested!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now