Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mattress for Arms Reach Co-Sleeper Cot

(3 Posts)
PrincessButtercup Fri 24-Jul-09 11:04:45

I bought the Arms Reach Co-Sleeper a while ago, in anticipation of DC3 being born any time now.

I've finally got around to putting it together and, whilst I'm very happy with the concept (no need to heave myself out of bed at 3 am!) and the quality, I'm a bit concerned about the very flat, inflexible travel-cot type mattress. If my baby is going to be sleeping in this every night for the next year at least, I'd prefer something more forgiving and comfortable. I'm also paranoid about the effect it could have on baby's head shape if sleeping on his back.

Has anyone customised their Arms Reach with a more comfortable mattress, or even a Sleepcurve mattress? The dimensions don't appear to be particularly helpful (94x65cm) but I haven't done extensive research into this.

Another option might be to use a Goi Goi pillow but I'm nervous about using one of these long term...

Or perhaps I am just being too precious?? Unfortunately the lovely Arms Reach distributor is on holiday until next week so haven't been able to talk to her.

margobambino Fri 24-Jul-09 22:27:54

I've been there
I tried sleepcurve in it. It somehow fits but wasn't very happy with sleepcurve for other reasons so I got an organic made to measure mattress online from Abaca which then lost its shape quickly unfortunately.
Good idea to contact Arms Reach distributor but she probably will say don't use something else because of the product safety reasons.
Goi Goi pillows are great but I don't think they are perfect for a newborn
In summary I should say that if I have another baby I would use my arms reach which is a wonderful product (except the mattress) but order another made to measure mattress probably from naturalmat as I went to their store in London and touched the mattresses

PrincessButtercup Sat 25-Jul-09 12:19:17

Thanks Margo smile I'll get in touch with Naturalmat. I've used their fleeces and blankets in the past and have loved those so would be happy to try one of their mattresses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now