Talk

Advanced search

Which is the best sling?

(9 Posts)
Confuzzeled Fri 24-Jul-09 10:10:30

Ds due is 4 weeks and trying to get organised.

I have a ring sling I used for dd but it was too big for me (we bought the big size so dh could use it).

I need a sling that I can use while running around after my 2yo and won't hurt my back.

Any good ideas?

FlamongoBongo Fri 24-Jul-09 10:17:43

After 4 children and lots of slings (a bit of an addict, me grin) I would recommend a good ring sling (my favourite is a Bara Barn sling and look like they're on special offer right now!

And I would also recommend getting a good stretchy wraparound. My favourite is the slightly more expensive hug a bub.

Then you've got one the baby can 'live' in (stretchy wraparound) and one for short trips from car to shop etc. (ring sling).

And then, what I would do is get something like an ergo to put baby on your back when they're a bit older.

I've managed without a buggy for the baby this way for my last three babies smile

Confuzzeled Fri 24-Jul-09 10:27:14

Thanks Flam. The ring sling looks just like the one I have, just a different brand.

I like the look of the hug a bub, I think I'll give it a try

Cheers

FlamongoBongo Fri 24-Jul-09 10:30:42

I don't see how a ring sling could be too big for you, though. Without wanting to sound rude, I think you must be wearing it wrong for it to be too big because the worst that would happen would be having a very long 'tail', which could be tucked in somewhere or something.

You could either get hte right size for you and/or take it to a slingmeet (google it - I think it's a yahoo group) to get an experienced sling user to help you adjust it?

Confuzzeled Fri 24-Jul-09 10:38:54

Yeah, I agree I don't think I was wearing it properly, I only used it a few times. I've never heard of a slingmeet but will google it. Cheers

Loopymumsy Fri 24-Jul-09 21:29:42

Message withdrawn

LALA77 Thu 30-Jul-09 16:28:02

As a total sling novice, someone had recomended the Baby Bjorn - any comparison on this to the Hug a Bub?

mrsgboring Thu 30-Jul-09 16:36:03

rs can be too big if you physically can't pull fabric through rings i.e. if to need to pull sling body through rings to get it tight enough.

lala it's a rare person who finds the bjorn comfy long term

Loopymumsy Thu 30-Jul-09 21:45:07

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now