Talk

Advanced search

Another Breadmaker Question

(8 Posts)
NellyNoKnicks Thu 23-Jul-09 19:30:45

Hi, I've just bought a breadmaker and am dying to get to grips with it. I am wondering whether I can use my dry yeast, or whether it has to be the active stuff, it says something about keeping the yeast away from liquids but I activate mine in water.

Does anyone have any clues as to whether I can just plonk it in as long as it's turned on immediately or can I only use the active stuff?

Hope this makes sense?

NellyNoKnicks Thu 23-Jul-09 19:47:07

anyone please?

duckyfuzz Thu 23-Jul-09 19:59:52

I use dried fast action yeast in mine, put it in first, then flour, keeps the liquid away from it until its mixed

NellyNoKnicks Thu 23-Jul-09 22:16:50

Thank you so much, I'm sorry for my impatience I'm just so eager to get cracking with it

Lilymaid Thu 23-Jul-09 22:28:08

I use Doves Farm Quick Yeast and put it in the bottom of my Panasonic breadmaker, then add flour, then liquids last (but the order varies from breadmaker to breadmaker). A friend of mine used the ordinary dried yeast and was happy with that.

NellyNoKnicks Thu 23-Jul-09 22:40:58

Thank you, I'll look out for that too

Catrace Thu 23-Jul-09 22:46:34

You do need fast action or "easy bake" yeast, either it comes in a little block as in here or in sachets. Not that dried stuff that comes in a round tub like this, I was told in strong terms not to use that in the breadmaker and I think I even tried it unsuccessfully, in the early days of "brick" loaves smile. But I'm sure you won't suffer from those!

NellyNoKnicks Fri 24-Jul-09 08:45:07

Thanks all for your help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now