Talk

Advanced search

Wilkinet help

(4 Posts)
BertieBotts Wed 22-Jul-09 11:30:23

I bought a Wilkinet from ebay because I want to carry my DS 9.5mo) on my back. I have got a wrap which I have managed a back carry in before but not on my own, and I need to be able to put him in on my own. Also the wrap is made from a duvet cover(!) and so not the best. I am saving for a really good one like a Didymos but out of my price range atm.

Anyway I'm really disappointed because on the first couple of tries I'm finding it uncomfortable and fiddly. (Though am hoping fiddliness will ease with time) I used the video instructions on the official website, are there alternative ones anywhere? I feel like he is hanging off my shoulders, not transferring the weight onto my hips as it's supposed to. The written instructions assume you are starting from the front position which I can't do (according to them) as he is too heavy/big. Also they assume you have a very cooperative baby grin

Help! I really wanted this carrier to be the right one as I need one which looks fairly mainstream if I ever have a hope of DH using it.

puddock Wed 22-Jul-09 11:34:01

NO advice on Wilkinet sorry, but a great (better?) DH friendly mainstream-looking back carrier for an older baby or toddler is a Patapum. You can pick them up for £20-£30 second hand - try the FSOT forum on naturalmamas.

Loopymumsy Wed 22-Jul-09 12:14:11

Message withdrawn

BertieBotts Wed 22-Jul-09 21:24:14

Grr, isn't it annoying when you think you've done your research and then find it all a load of rubbish?? I tried again today with my sister to help and it was better but still nowhere near as supportive as I was expecting.

Luckily got a really good deal on ebay so should be able to resell it and only lose the postage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now