Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

party bags - cheap and cheerful ideas please

(9 Posts)
mckenzie Sat 21-May-05 14:03:35

I'd like to do party bags for DS's 4th birthday party but as he's having quite a few guests I'd like to keep the cost of the party bags to a minimum.

Any ideas for things to put in them please?

Or ideas for things NOT to put in them perhaps?

lemonice Sat 21-May-05 14:11:50

bubble gum

whoopee cushion keyring

big mac

toxic felt pens

trick cigarette

(did you print off my grandad babysitting tips?)

SoupDragon Sat 21-May-05 14:33:57

I assume your list is for what not to put in, Lemonice?!

Yes: A notebook and a set of pencils, fun sized chocolate. A noisey blower thingy (assuming my DS is not invited, in which case add this to my "no" list), cheap stickers.

No: uninflated balloons, chewy sweets

Have a look at Baker Ross. I've taken to putting in felt pens and some colour in craft things. Baker Ross also have packs of stickers and stuff.

elsmommy Sat 21-May-05 14:37:43

This thread might help

mckenzie Sat 21-May-05 15:23:33

thanks guys

NomDePlume Sat 21-May-05 15:39:37

DD went to a party recently and there were little board books in her bag. Thomas the Tank ones, she loves them. It was only a small party though, so perhaps might work out a bit expensive for a party of 15 or 20 kids ? hmmm. Will price up and get back

NomDePlume Sat 21-May-05 15:41:56

alsorts of ideas on here, range of budgets too , the finger monsters at 25p each look like the things I used LOVE when I was little.

mckenzie Sat 21-May-05 15:45:09

that's great nondeplume - thanks

ionaming Tue 24-May-05 19:25:32

I'm ordering stuff from Baker Ross Most of the cheap stuff is under Toys, then pocket money best sellers. HTH Iona x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: