Advanced search

party bags - cheap and cheerful ideas please

(9 Posts)
mckenzie Sat 21-May-05 14:03:35

I'd like to do party bags for DS's 4th birthday party but as he's having quite a few guests I'd like to keep the cost of the party bags to a minimum.

Any ideas for things to put in them please?

Or ideas for things NOT to put in them perhaps?

lemonice Sat 21-May-05 14:11:50

bubble gum

whoopee cushion keyring

big mac

toxic felt pens

trick cigarette

(did you print off my grandad babysitting tips?)

SoupDragon Sat 21-May-05 14:33:57

I assume your list is for what not to put in, Lemonice?!

Yes: A notebook and a set of pencils, fun sized chocolate. A noisey blower thingy (assuming my DS is not invited, in which case add this to my "no" list), cheap stickers.

No: uninflated balloons, chewy sweets

Have a look at Baker Ross. I've taken to putting in felt pens and some colour in craft things. Baker Ross also have packs of stickers and stuff.

elsmommy Sat 21-May-05 14:37:43

This thread might help

mckenzie Sat 21-May-05 15:23:33

thanks guys

NomDePlume Sat 21-May-05 15:39:37

DD went to a party recently and there were little board books in her bag. Thomas the Tank ones, she loves them. It was only a small party though, so perhaps might work out a bit expensive for a party of 15 or 20 kids ? hmmm. Will price up and get back

NomDePlume Sat 21-May-05 15:41:56

alsorts of ideas on here, range of budgets too , the finger monsters at 25p each look like the things I used LOVE when I was little.

mckenzie Sat 21-May-05 15:45:09

that's great nondeplume - thanks

ionaming Tue 24-May-05 19:25:32

I'm ordering stuff from Baker Ross Most of the cheap stuff is under Toys, then pocket money best sellers. HTH Iona x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now