Talk

Advanced search

Best combination (group 0/1) carseat.

(7 Posts)
sleepingcat Tue 21-Jul-09 21:27:22

I'm looking at buying a combination (rear/forward facing) carseat in the next few weeks as DS is due in 6 weeks time. Which one would you recommend?

But, I would love an extended rear facing seat, but financially things are very very tough right now (and for the foreseeable future) so we felt this was our next best option....unless you can find me an extended rear facing seat from the new born stage to purchase!

We do not have Isofix.

Many thanks.

nicm Tue 21-Jul-09 21:47:45

hi we have the britax twe but it's only suitable from 9 months or so. if yoou ask on the rf website www.rearfacing.co.uk then someone may be able to help you. ours was £185 and will last ds until he's 6. before that we had a cabrio i got from a friend so knew it hadn't been in a car accident and had been well looked after. hth

sleepingcat Tue 21-Jul-09 21:59:41

The TWE would be ideal, but we (unfortunately) cannot justify a baby carrier and then a TWE at the moment.
I'm still hunting for a Britax Elite for DD to keep her harnessed for longer but that search is proving hard. She rear faced until 2yrs old in her Britax First Class but seeing as she is still using hers, DS needs something new. I'm very keen for the extended rear facing though.

I guess we could go for another First Class but I wondered if there was anything better out there....or a cheaper extended rear facing seat that will accommodate a newborn.

Tangle Tue 21-Jul-09 23:49:15

I'm struggling to find information on the Elite - is it just a FF only version of the TWE? How old is your DD and what does she weigh? Could you get the TWE for her so your DS could have the 1st class for a couple of years until DD is into a booster. He could then stay RF...

AppleandMosesMummy Wed 22-Jul-09 00:05:51

Why not buy a cheaper Britax for DD and put the baby in the First Class ?
I'd imagine that would be the best value for money option.

nicm Wed 22-Jul-09 09:01:50

i would get the twe for your dd and then give the new baby the first class. then they will both be rf?

moshie Wed 22-Jul-09 19:50:54

Britax elite here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now