Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone used a bugaboo bee with a buggy board? Is it ok?

(6 Posts)
unyummy Tue 21-Jul-09 21:27:20

I am a bit in love with the bugaboo bee for my soon to be newborn, but will need a board for ds (2.9 yrs and quite small) . I have been tracking developments with the bugaboo made board but it seems it won't materialise in time for me (2 months left). I have seen mentions of people using lascal or other boards on the bee but was told by mothercare sales boy - yes, boy - that it would invalidate my guarantee, even if the fault wasn't caused by the board and that bugaboo would check for marks made by a board if it was sent for repair. However a nice John Lewis lady told me they have sent bees for repair and just taken the board off.

Has anyone used a board for the bee - if so which one, does it work ok and what are your opinions on the guarantee issue?

I am very tempted to risk it as i really want the pushchair - it fulfills my criteria so perfectly - these being rear facing, lightweight, narrow, easy fold, good for public transport etc. But don't know if i'm being daft.

unyummy Wed 22-Jul-09 15:51:16

Just had an update that they are bringing the board out in October - has anyone else heard this? I am a bit dubious as they have been saying it's imminent for about 2 years it seemss..

larsazlol Thu 23-Jul-09 10:31:48

Try the mutsy step on board, it fits better than the lascal one and the wheel looks similar to the bees.
I would buy it new as they come with a little plastic sleeve which I trimmed and put on the bees chasis to make it the right width and to protect the metal. The attachments fit just right between the brakes and needs no permanant fixings. It is not perfect but the best solution I found and pushes surprisingly well.

mustsleep Thu 23-Jul-09 18:08:02

I've used a lascal buggy board with the bee with a new born when dd was 3

It's not great tbh it makes it heavy to push which I suppose would be true of all buggies used with buggy boards

The real prob with it imo is there is nowhere for them to hold onto so if she was on the outer of the handle bar (pushbar whatever) she was having to lean backwards, if she was on he inside she would risk fallinf forwards onto the baby

mustsleep Thu 23-Jul-09 18:10:04

sorry also meant to mention hat after using it twice my handle bar broke sad but bugaboo's customer service is great and they replaced the chassis and have done so since when the brakes broke grin

I love this pushchair and have just made dd walk everywhere <<evil emoticion>> lol

allaboutme Thu 23-Jul-09 18:12:03

i've got a bee and use a litaf seat2go board.
have used them together for 17 months now and no probs.
had to send off bee for repair after a few months and mothercare staff took my board off for me and sent it off without a word of complaint...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now