Talk

Advanced search

Would I really hate a Maclaren Twin Techno?

(15 Posts)
expertinscunthorpe Tue 21-Jul-09 19:45:59

I hate Phil and Ted's, please don't try to convince me!

Would prefer a side by side, don't fancy the out and about nipper much but as I love my Quest really thinking about the Twin Techno.

Is it awful? Or ok? Ok would do me tbh.

MrsBadger Tue 21-Jul-09 20:45:53

I think it's the best of the side by sides
get a second-hand one

expertinscunthorpe Tue 21-Jul-09 20:55:42

Thanks MrsB, was planning to get one on ebay, what sort of price could i expect to pay do you know?

Egg Tue 21-Jul-09 20:56:50

i've got a twin techno, a double nipper and a powertwin. The nipper is streets ahead of techno in my opinion altho wish seats were a bit more upright. Have only used the techno twice. If you live near me you are welcome to buy it!

The powertwin has been good esp when my twins were babies as it fits through the front door but nipper is much easier to push. What age are your children?

I also loved the quest as a single btw!

Egg Tue 21-Jul-09 20:59:40

oops just looked at your user name so presume you are in scunthorpe and nowhere near me! I paid 80 for mine second hand on gumtree but think that was quite cheap. It was in perfect condition.

expertinscunthorpe Tue 21-Jul-09 21:30:46

Thanks egg, i'm not sure a nipper would fit in the boot of my polo.

Egg Wed 22-Jul-09 07:56:54

Hmm you're right, but have you tried the Maclaren in there? We have a Golf and the Maclaren only just fits lengthwise and it is a real struggle to get it in. Nipper actually goes in more easily but has to be kind of upright (so blocks a small part of back window). The main reason I never used the Maclaren is it takes me ages to get it in and out of the boot and I get very stressed!

ChopsTheDuck Wed 22-Jul-09 08:17:03

mclaren is a nightmare to push, and agree it isn't that small folded down. I hated mine, lasted about 6 weeks before I sold it on.

nipper is def the easiest to push.

Have you considered the we2 combi? It folds down very small and is lightweight and easier to push than a maclaren. Only problem is that it is plasticaly and not as robust as some pushchairs.

expertinscunthorpe Wed 22-Jul-09 11:10:41

Actualyl I quite fancy the Nipper if it woudl fit in my boot..

Egg Wed 22-Jul-09 19:38:41

Can you go somewhere and try it? I drove to our local baby centre and tried it in the Golf and then bought one second hand (again from Gumtree). I can push it easily with one hand while holding my toddler's hand with my other hand, and the other good thing about it is that he can sit on the front footrest and hitch a ride when is tired (I also discovered yesterday that I can lie him across the hood when he is having a major tantrum and refusing to walk...).

I paid £200 for my Nipper second hand, but it was again in perfect condition and came with raincover, basket and double shade a babe which would have cost a fair bit extra.

ihavenewsockson Wed 22-Jul-09 19:42:12

i have a twin techno cos the nipper wouldn't fit in my front door and tipped up when i took the toddler out (with the change bag on the handle)
love the techno, folds up so it fits behind my front door. does both boys-5mths and 20mths. lots of storage space and easy to push.(not quite one-handed like the nipper tho unfortunatly)

EldonAve Wed 22-Jul-09 19:47:46

Disadvantages of the mac twin are not easy to push with one hand and not great on rough ground
Otherwise it's pretty good

nicolamumof3 Wed 22-Jul-09 20:05:06

air wheels make pushing anything with two children in soooo much easier, i've had mac double and p&t and combie we2 (and lots of others) i've also had nipper single, if the seats were more upright it would be a perfect double imo so light and easy.

GiraffesCanRunA10k Wed 22-Jul-09 20:20:40

Have used mac, p&t and nipper. Hated maclaren - difficult to push! (Unless very little children I assume)

Egg Thu 23-Jul-09 09:33:35

I found the Maclaren difficult to push even when my DTs were only a few months old and pretty light, but I was only used to Powertwin which is air filled and three wheeler.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now