Talk

Advanced search

I need a tandem pushchair is the Powertwin good, help me please.

(12 Posts)
larsazlol Tue 21-Jul-09 17:57:25

I loved my phil and teds but my ds 12 months doesn't. He can not keep his fingers out of the wheels even with the mudguards, and he also leans right forward in the main seat and comes out of the harness no matter how tight the straps are and is just suspended by the crotch strap so I sold it.
I need something tandem to get round shops etc what do you recommend, I need at least one seat to go flat for sleeping. I have been looking at the Powertwin any opinions?

Chunkamatic Wed 22-Jul-09 11:43:57

Have no advice but am bumping for you as I would like to know too!!

larsazlol Wed 22-Jul-09 16:07:48

thanks, someone must have used a Powertwin or have other good ideas for us!

ChopsTheDuck Wed 22-Jul-09 16:17:41

I found it a bit unstable with older children, was better for the dts when they were smaller. If you are going to be putting a baby in the back and a toddler in the front it's goign to be hard to maneuver. I found it impossible if I had all the weight in the front.

Have you considered a nipper? I know it's side by side, but it's narrow enough for shopping, and so much easier to push, even with differing weights.

Chunkamatic Wed 22-Jul-09 16:22:03

I'm slightly worried with a side by side that my DS will always be attacking the younger one! Anyone with any experience of this? He will be 24mths older and I'm quite sure a bit annoyed at the new one's existence, at least at first!!!

larsazlol Wed 22-Jul-09 22:26:08

I have had a nipper lovely pram but I could not get around anywhere with it. I kept getting caught on things in shops my poor dd2 ended up with 4 bras on her lap in M&S once due to not being able to get through properly. She also kept stealing things from ds and he would pull her hair.
For a long time I carried ds in a sling and used a single when shopping but I can not carry him for a long time anymore and dd2 won't walk/behave/stand on buggyboard when out.
When you say unstable do you mean side to side or tippy over backwards. I did try one in shop with both in and it seemed ok in there but it is never an accurate test.

ChopsTheDuck Thu 23-Jul-09 07:56:17

side to side, especially going up and down kerbs.

laurz75 Thu 23-Jul-09 08:06:33

I had 20 months between my two. I loved the Powertwin. I didn't have a problem getting up kerbs until they'd got a bit bigger. I then put my ds (older one)in the back and dd in the front. It worked well. I never had a problem with it tipping. Much better than a side-by-side double (used a double Mclaren when looking after my ds and my niece).

laurz75 Thu 23-Jul-09 08:07:46

By the way - get one from E-Bay (or another source) if you can. They are very well made and last so are a good second-hand buy.

laurz75 Thu 23-Jul-09 08:09:34

By the way - get one from E-Bay (or another source) if you can. They are very well made and last so are a good second-hand buy.

larsazlol Thu 23-Jul-09 10:25:09

Not sure I could cope with side to side tipping as I am not that strong, everything else in the tandem catagory seems very tank like to push with four wheels.
I could get a cheapy graco stadium to see us through the summer or a 2007 colour Powertwin from our local pram shop for £230.00 and hope it doesn't tip, third option is to never leave the house with my unruly brood.

lazylion Sat 25-Jul-09 17:03:02

I have a powertwin and it does tip over. It's difficult to manouvre as the weight seems to be mostly on the front wheel - I wouldn't advise it if you are not strong.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now