Talk

Advanced search

mobile phone deals - comparator websites

(4 Posts)
tostaky Tue 21-Jul-09 14:07:45

im looking for a new phone.
If i look opn the network provider website (O2, t-mobile, or vodafone etc..) the monthly payment is two to three times more expensive (to get the phone for free) than if i go through a comparaison website such as buymobilephones.net or beepy or affordablemobiles...
It looks like if i go through these websites i will have to redeem a £xxx voucher 7 days after i have received the phone (and then the mobile is free)
Is it a scam??
also it doesnt say if internet is included in the price plan ? i want the blackberry curve

thanks

HolyGuacamole Tue 21-Jul-09 14:13:00

No, not a scam. I ordered a new phone from buymobilephones yesterday. I checked them out on moneysavingexpert first and they seem pretty legit, have been around for a few years.

My phone last year was a cashback thing and i had to send away my bills every 2 months. Was totally fine and I claimed back over £200.

Can't speak for other networks, but T-mobile will have internet included if the price plan says 'combi plus web n walk' or if it is 'Flext'. The normal combi plans don't have it included.

Find the price plans you like on the network operator sites and then try to match them up on the comparison sites.

HolyGuacamole Tue 21-Jul-09 14:17:47

PS: have a look HERE

It's where I found my deal, there seems to be a really good comparison between the main companies.

smile

tostaky Tue 21-Jul-09 18:08:14

thanks - in the end my current provider gave ma a better deal than what i found.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now