Talk

Advanced search

large breasts, small shoulders, bad back - is there a sling for me?

(14 Posts)
hairtwiddler Tue 21-Jul-09 09:18:49

Baby due in a few months and think should have another go with a sling this time.
For DD had a tricotti sling which was two rings of fabric worn in a crossover. Didn't like it much as it was huge and I have such narrow shoulders. Eventually sold it on ebay having barely used it.
Also had a baby bjorn and a wilkinet which were handed down to me. Both rubbish due to large norkage - baby totally squashed and unsightly protrusion of boobs out of the sides!
I don't have a very strong back so would need something with a good spread of support.
Suggestions please????

brimfull Tue 21-Jul-09 09:20:17

god I thought you were after a sling for your breasts

hairtwiddler Tue 21-Jul-09 09:24:42

I already have several of those in the shape of maternity bras smile

CMOTdibbler Tue 21-Jul-09 09:27:17

A stretchy wrap sling would be best - the stretch fabric means that you just adjust it to your needs on shoulders, plus spreads weight out.

Alternatively, you could try a mei tai like a Babyhawk. They are suitable from birth, and easy on the back. Nork size doesn't seem to be an issue.

It's worth trying to get along to a Slingmeet if there is one in your area - you get to try on loads of different ones and talk to people who actually use them

omgidbi Tue 21-Jul-09 10:09:37

I's recommend the Moby Wrap which I have used for both my babies and LOVED. Really comfy because it spreads wide across your back and totally adjustable.

omgidbi Tue 21-Jul-09 10:11:14

OOPS Moby link didn't work, try again - Moby Wrap

hairtwiddler Tue 21-Jul-09 10:39:19

Thanks, will look into that one. Maybe see if I can get one on ebay.

cats07 Tue 21-Jul-09 12:51:04

Hi there,

I have a moby for sale if you are interested. Its blue and in EUC.

(and I loved using it! Just with I'd had it for my first two.....)

Habbibu Tue 21-Jul-09 12:52:31

Hello ht - how did I know that would be you? Saw a woman with a Kari-me wrap at gymsters - looked really good.

cornflakegirl Tue 21-Jul-09 13:29:51

cats - if hairtwiddler doesn't take you up on it, I'm after a Moby. What price are you looking for?

hairtwiddler Tue 21-Jul-09 17:04:53

Cats, yes, I am interested! Very much so (sorry cornflakegirl) You can email me at username at gmail.com if you like.

cats07 Tue 21-Jul-09 18:42:03

Will e-mail you shortly! Is £15 plus postage at cost ok?

hairtwiddler Tue 21-Jul-09 19:39:20

Sounds fair to me. Will check email.

undomesticatedgoddess Sat 25-Jul-09 20:31:21

Definitely a recommend a stretchy wrap sling.

I have the same big norks, narrow shoulders and crap back combo and found these far more comfy than either baba sling or baby bjorn.

If you tie it a certain way it doesn't accentuate the big norks IYSWIM.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now