Talk

Advanced search

Please tell me where do you down load books from?

(3 Posts)
MadameCastafiore Tue 21-Jul-09 09:13:10

Because I think my anniversary pressie is one of those ebook reader thingys! HOORAH!!

Waitrose have an offer that you can link to and pay a certain amount each month for a couple of books but was just wondering if there were any super cheap websites anywhere?

TYIA

Doodle2u Tue 21-Jul-09 23:23:07

Is it called a Kindle or summat like that?

I read Amazon were going to be selling them but I didn't think they'd been introduced here in the UK yet?

Snorbs Tue 21-Jul-09 23:57:03

It depends on the ebook reader you've got. Some will restrict which sites you can download books from; eg, Amazon's Kindle will only generally allow you to download books from Amazon. Most will have restrictions on what ebook formats they'll work with.

You can get absolutely free ebooks in a variety of formats from Project Gutenburg. These are mainly books out of copyright so lots of classics, not much contemporary fiction, but you may be surprised. They do have an incredible range of stuff.

You could also try ebooks.com for contemporary fiction and a lot of other stuff. You'll need to stump up for this but it's generally cheaper than paper.

Again, though, before buying any ebooks, do double-check to make sure it's compatible with your reader. They're not nearly as standardised as they could should be.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now