Talk

Advanced search

URGENT! Toy prezzie for a partially sighted baby of 1.5yrs.. where/what to buy, suggestions please!!!

(11 Posts)
sammysamsam Mon 20-Jul-09 16:51:09

We are visiting a friend who has a son who's 1.5, but is very weak- looks abt 9months. He is partially sighted- well, can JUST about tell light from dark if its VERY close to his eye iykwim..I'd really like to get him a toy presant that would stimulate him- needs to be shop bought as we're going tomorrow, so no online things will do. Considered the octotunes from lamaze and boots, but thought it was abit drab..

does anyone have any other good ideas? would appreciate all help.

Fimbo Mon 20-Jul-09 16:58:08

Oh was going to suggest the RNIB shop but it is only on-line.

sammysamsam Mon 20-Jul-09 19:36:29

yes, i had a look at it prior to posting, but yes, unfortunately it's an online thing

MaryBS Mon 20-Jul-09 19:39:36

Sassy toys perhaps? Lots of places sell those, and they are great for babies/toddlers.

nickschick Mon 20-Jul-09 19:44:51

What about a rainmaker from elc?

something touchy feely and noisy.

trixymalixy Mon 20-Jul-09 19:50:15

What about www.elc.co.uk/toy/my-first-work-bench/this? My 2 yeard old has had this since he was 1 and loves it.

Or some nice musical instruments?

weddingcake Mon 20-Jul-09 19:51:11

What about a bath toy? Maybe a watering can that he could enjoy having poured on him?

sammysamsam Mon 20-Jul-09 19:51:21

good idea- rainmaker toy- will get that deffo. i live in slough, but will travel to windsor for elc as the one is debenhams has a tiny range..

spending abt £25, so suggest away with more!

PheasantPlucker Mon 20-Jul-09 19:52:49

Too late now, but if you buy for him in the future try Fledglings. They are online, but call them and they will advise on the perfect present. They are a truly wonderful not for profit organisation.

saintlydamemrsturnip Mon 20-Jul-09 19:53:43

neurosmith music blocks are brilliant if you can find them anywhere.

weddingcake Mon 20-Jul-09 19:56:32

A drum? Might not be popular with his parents but we've got a very simple one (I think it was from habitat) with a big surface area and very solid sticks.

Or a book with buttons to press down the side. We've got a big ladybird one that plays lots of different nursery rhymes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now