Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Which baby doll should I buy?

(8 Posts)
amateurmum Sun 19-Jul-09 22:16:29

For dds fifth birthday. She has asked for a Baby Annabelle but she specifically wants to be able to bath the doll. The product description on Amazon says that Annabelle can go in the water, but John Lewis says she can't.

Which baby doll would be best to buy for bathing? I know Baby Born does a swimming version but this doll looks really ugly!

PinkyRed Sun 19-Jul-09 22:21:38

There's more than one kind of Baby Annabelle. One version can be bathed, some can't. You just need to make sure you get the right one.

They're all over-priced, ugly and frankly creepy, but if your dd is like mine, she'll absolutely love it.

amateurmum Sun 19-Jul-09 22:23:30

Do you know which version can be bathed, PinkyRed?

Yes, very creepy but could be worse (I loathe Barbie and am dreading the day she asks for one!)

sleepycat Sun 19-Jul-09 22:28:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sleepycat Sun 19-Jul-09 22:29:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MilaMae Sun 19-Jul-09 22:30:13

The one that makes noises can't be bathed,I think it's My First that can and she's too old for that. All Baby Borns can be bathed you don't need the swimming one which is smaller and doesn't fit all the clothes etc.

I'd explain and let her choose between the 2, if she wants noises she can't bath it basically.

My dd has both. Annabel stays inside Born goes on her bike in the sandpit etc. I prefer Born Annabel prattles on ,eats batteries and ceases to work. I prefer Born's clothes too, not quite as sickly,almost but not quite. smile

We've got the regular Born,bought the floatie swimsuit for it to take in the pool on holiday. Oh you can feed Born too,buy a box of sachets if you choose her and nappies!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EldonAve Sun 19-Jul-09 22:31:09

we have an annabel and she is electronic so no bathing

you can bathe my first baby born

amateurmum Sun 19-Jul-09 22:36:40

Sleepycat - they are lovely but I think she might want tat! She already has a Corolle doll (toddler type with hair) which my mum bought her - very tasteful but largely ignored.

MilaMae - I think you are right - I will ask her which sort she wants and explain which can be bathed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now