Talk

Advanced search

Tromso double bunk bed with single on top?

(7 Posts)
suiz Sun 19-Jul-09 21:39:23

Anyone have one of these who could recommend it or not? www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/00108982

It's for DDs to share but one's 4 and the other's 13. They will have to share anyway so it's either this or the Tromso single bunks although I did consider this: www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/80123993 with the oldest on top but surely it's not great with the mattress on the floor and it's maybe too childish for the eldest?
Any thoughts appreciated.

suiz Mon 20-Jul-09 21:29:50

Bump!

suiz Tue 21-Jul-09 07:55:05

Anyone with a triple bunk bed out there? Love to know what you think of the Ikea one, is it a pain? Do your children love it?

Jas Tue 21-Jul-09 08:05:50

We have this one from Argos. It is pine, but the same kind of thing.

My dds shared it for 4 years and now dd2 is on top, and ds on the bottom. He is 3 and loves it. He is still very mobile in the bed and sleeps across it. DD2 also did this for a long time as she fell out of a single every time she tried one.

I prefer the wooden one as the steps up are more sturdy, but the children don't seem to care.

It is also easier to make the top bunk than with traditional bunk beds as you can stand on the bottom one for access.

Jas Tue 21-Jul-09 08:08:04

I would not, however, recommend buying the Argos one, as the mattresses that are supplied with it are truly terrible.

suiz Fri 24-Jul-09 20:46:39

Thanks Jas, that's really helpful, good idea about making the bed, I've heard those high ones can be a right pain changing. That Argos one looks very compact.

Jas Sun 26-Jul-09 22:33:24

The top is a standard 3', and the bottom one is 4', so cosy for two, but ok for occasional sleepvers and great if I have to go in with ds to settle him in the night.

Price has gone up alot since we bought ours a few years ago though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now