Talk

Advanced search

Help! Advice wanted on Quinny Buzz 4

(17 Posts)
SabsBigPants Sun 19-Jul-09 20:11:39

I'm so confused about what pushchair to buy, and have fallen in love with the Quinny Buzz - 4 wheels. Does anyone on here have any experience and advice about using it.

I've read its quite heavy, is difficult to use on buses and takes up a lot of space in the car boot (we have a vauxhall astra) but I really want a pushchair that faces both ways, and can be used from birth. Its on offer in mothercare for £300 at the moment

Thanks all!

PrammyMammy Sun 19-Jul-09 22:42:24

I found the buzz 3 heavy, clumsy and too big for the car/pita having to take the seat off to fold. The buzz 4 is heavier than the 3.

CarGirl Sun 19-Jul-09 22:45:02

I really didn't like the quinny buzz 3, the rear wheels were so wide I struggled to get through doors etc.

Bugaboo Bee?
Bugaboo Frog?
M&P Switch or prammette?

There are loads of rear facers out there.

lisad123 Sun 19-Jul-09 22:46:16

hated my buzz, heavey tipped over when going down curbs.

Best ones for new born with back facing would be, Herbie, bugaboo, stokke or nippabout
HTH

CarGirl Sun 19-Jul-09 22:47:00

and M&P Skate - lush!

lisad123 Sun 19-Jul-09 22:49:17

never got to try skate

CarGirl Sun 19-Jul-09 22:51:42

Perhaps Misdee will get J's and you can try it out!

Juicytots Mon 20-Jul-09 00:34:06

Stokke Xplory!

SabsBigPants Mon 20-Jul-09 16:18:37

thanks all for your comments

bugaboo's are a bit out of my price range sad

really sad but i dreamt about pushchairs all of last night [shame]

Tweetinat Mon 20-Jul-09 16:33:20

The bugaboo bee is cheaper than the Quinny Buzz - it can be used both ways and is suitable from birth without having to buy a separate pram attachment. I recently bought mine from Mothercare with a 20% discount code (PR9) and got it for £303. It's quite a low ride for the baby, so most people either love it or hate it, but I found that it was sooo light and maneouverable that I just had to have it. It might work for you

Tweetinat Mon 20-Jul-09 16:38:09

Just re-read your post and realised that the buzz is already on offer in mothercare bringing the price down to £300, so the Bee doesn't work out that much cheaper for you... Although, to make the Buzz suitable from birth you'd need to get the Dreami which will bump it up a bit. FWIW, my friend had a Quinny and didn't use it after the first 9m as it was so heavy and big in the shops that she just couldn't get around with it... It may be cheaper up front, but in the long run might end up costing you more with stollers/replacement etc.

SabsBigPants Mon 20-Jul-09 16:54:03

thanks for the discount code tweet will check out the bugaboo bee....

scattykatty Mon 20-Jul-09 21:00:32

I just tried to use that code for something tweet and it said it hadn't started yet??? Am I doing something wrong?

Tweetinat Tue 21-Jul-09 09:43:02

Hmmmm, very interesting.... I just tried the code again, and it does work for me (with a basket value of over £120) but it's only giving me 10% discount this time, not the 20% I got last week! How totally totally pants I wonder if they've cottoned on that they'd made a mistake and have cracked down? I got the code from the forums at moneysavingexpert.com so I guess it's had a lot of use over the last couple of weeks. Try AF9 - that might work but iirc then it was again a 10% code for over £120 spend. HTH, Nat

sazm Tue 21-Jul-09 11:14:10

i loved my buzz,my baby didnt,every time i put him in the carrycot he SCREAMED, so i ended up just using the chassis with the car seat on it,
after a while though i found it SO aukward to get around the shops as it is very wide at the back,
the other reason i got rid of mine is that i had to take the wheels off every tme i needed to put it in the car,(you would prob need to do the same)

scattykatty Tue 21-Jul-09 11:26:18

Everyone I know sold their Buzz after a few months. They look good but everyone seems to grow to hate them! Bugaboo's are great but folding into 2 parts is a NIGHTMARE, drives me crazy as it gets so scratched too due to the way it folds.

naomi83 Tue 21-Jul-09 12:55:29

i've heard only good things about the britax vigour

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now