Talk

Advanced search

How long did you maclaren last for?

(14 Posts)
tassisssss Sun 19-Jul-09 16:38:03

I have a quest, it's 5.5 years old and pretty knackered. need it for another 2 years. Figure if I'm going to need another should do it now...

How long did your maclaren last for?

PrammyMammy Sun 19-Jul-09 22:30:36

I have a quest, it is 3.5 years old, was my nieces and passed to ds. Still as good as new, but the hood is faided.
A drunk bloke threw it across my close a few weeks ago too (new neighbours moving in party)! But it held up fine.

EldonAve Sun 19-Jul-09 22:34:41

I flogged my 4 yr old one recently - wheels were worn, nothing else wrong with it
Got a new one in the Boots sale

They change the colours every year so you can usually pick them up cheaper near Xmas/Jan

tassisssss Mon 20-Jul-09 18:15:18

so no-one has one older than mine?! and I want another 2 years out of it...

McDreamy Mon 20-Jul-09 18:17:22

I seem to go through one per child blush but that's 3 years each and the last one got knackered after 3 years in CYprus -rugged roads and sun bleach making fabric and plastic very brittle. Bought a new one today from Toysrus for my 5 month old!

crokky Mon 20-Jul-09 18:23:18

I have a triumph that's nearly 3 years old. It was only £40 something as like someone has says, it was "last season's colours" grin. I am actually quite impressed because my DS is a bit too heavy for it really.

FritesMenthe Mon 20-Jul-09 18:24:45

My double was at least third-hand when I got it, and then lasted me three years. Then a wheel fell off.

malfoy Mon 20-Jul-09 18:25:06

Mine is 4.5 years and still going strong.

Rosie29 Mon 20-Jul-09 20:29:28

I have an XT which is still going strong after 5.5 years. It's had a new hood and is on dc. HTH

Jas Mon 20-Jul-09 20:35:54

My double was ancient when I got it and I used it for another three years.

My current one is 7 years old, but had two years in a shed before I got it last year from my friend. I've had to put new (second hand off another maclaren) back wheels on it.

I walk alot and ds is three and heavy, plus I do all our shopping on foot and make ds walk home so I can carry it on the buggy.

Smithagain Mon 20-Jul-09 20:39:06

Basic Maclaren (£60-ish) - lasted about 2.5 years. By which time the wheels were badly worn (and lopsided so it wouldn't steer), recline mechanism broken and generally astonishingly hard to push.

But we did spend 90 minutes per day walking the school run with it and DD2 is a lump, so I'm not too despondent.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Mon 20-Jul-09 20:40:48

I a selling mine if you don't mind second hand. Definitely still has 2 years left in it and more imo.

alana39 Mon 20-Jul-09 20:43:34

Triumph used for 3 years so far - including school / playschool run 3x a day for 2 years. A wheel fell off a few months ago but got it replaced for £15 which was worth it as otherwise it could be new (if very a bit grubby).

snickersnack Mon 20-Jul-09 20:44:38

4 years of fairly heavy use and it's ok. The clip that holds it when it's folded is a bit iffy, the wheels are very worn and the brake has never really worked very well. But manageable. I am not buying another pushchair - if it dies before I'm ready to get rid of it, ds is just going to have to walk everywhere.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now