Talk

Advanced search

Going on holiday, travel system too big, would like to purchase a buggy for occasional use, any recommendations?

(5 Posts)
KittyWalker Sun 19-Jul-09 16:28:21

Budget is about £150 (but less would be great)!

ilovetochat Sun 19-Jul-09 16:30:42

if you are going abroad they get thrown about a bit so id get a cheap one, certainly wouldnt spend £150.
we bought a tiny buggy from argos for £20 and have taken it on 6 hols so far in england/wales and are taking it to Majorca in Sept, its lightweight, small and doesnt matter if it gets ruined.

KnackeredOldHag Sun 19-Jul-09 16:36:20

Would recommend the Petite Star Zia. It looks like this. Around £100-ish. Is a bit like the Quinny Zapp but is suitable from birth as the seat reclines. Very light, folds up really small, you can get a travel bag to carry it in, it has a raincover and small shopping basket underneath. For wintertime you can also get a cosytoes to go with it.

We got one of these when ds2 was 4 months (now 14 months) and it is now our buggy for keeping in the car as it takes up very little boot space.

Would advise shopping around a bit as you can get quite good deals sometimes.

tassisssss Sun 19-Jul-09 16:36:46

guess it depends how much you'll use it, we've been very happy with our Maclaren Quest

KittyWalker Sun 19-Jul-09 16:40:32

I have had a maclaren in the past but thought the new ones seem to have very small wheels?

I've looked at the Petite Star and quite liked the look of them.

We are going on a ferry to France so not worried about buggy being chucked around.

Once back at home I think it would be used as the buggy to keep in the car/school run/ shopping.

DD is 5 months btw.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now