Talk

Advanced search

Lunchboxes. Bag, box or too boring to discuss?

(7 Posts)
spikemomma Sun 19-Jul-09 14:26:48

Which are the best, those plasticy type bag ones or tins or plastic boxes...? What is easy to clean, durable and liked by a small child?

mrsdisorganised Sun 19-Jul-09 14:30:16

My dd's all have a plastic box, they're cheaper and can be used for other things too. They have decorated them in stckers and I name the bottoms with permenant marker.

Wilts Sun 19-Jul-09 14:32:54

We have the cool bag type things. Good in the summer with an ice block in.

Can be a bit of a pain to clean, but just bung them in the washing machine once a week, not the dishwasher like I did the first time and melted it blush grin

cheesesarnie Sun 19-Jul-09 14:33:37

i prefer plastic box but i found that i couldnt find any!!!theyre much easier to clean imo

cheesesarnie Sun 19-Jul-09 14:34:24

oooh can you put the lunch bags in washing machines???after spending £9 each on them id be bit scared too!!

Wilts Sun 19-Jul-09 14:40:05

Mine have been fine in the machine, but I only use a 40 wash I think. But to be honest they had become so mank it was worth trying them in the machine before having to bin them.

Furball Sun 19-Jul-09 14:42:06

i use the insulated ones that zip all the way round like a suitcase. Once a week I put it completly opened in the top rack of the dishwasher and hang it out to dry after (I don't use 'dry' on the dishwasher)

I find they last the year.

Sandwiches go in a lock and lock plastic box and instruct all contents of lunchbox afterwards go in that when finished (especially yoghurt pots!) so not to muck up the lunch bag.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now