Talk

Advanced search

Kids' cameras - are any of them any good?

(7 Posts)
oysterpots Sun 19-Jul-09 10:59:26

Thinking of getting my son a digital camera for his second birthday next week (aware this sounds a bit ridiculous, but me and DH both use our cameras a lot and DS won't leave them alone).

Anyone got either the VTech Kidizoom or the Fisher Price Kids' Tough camera? Is there much between them or is one better than the other?

They're both expensive so I don't want to waste my money if they're rubbish! Thanks.

oysterpots Sun 19-Jul-09 11:27:10

Should add that I don't anticipate doing much with the pictures he takes, rather it's the act of taking them he seems most interested in and excited by!

Karam Sun 19-Jul-09 11:29:24

My DD (aged 2) has a Fisher Price one which we bought for her second birthday. I got it half price in the summer sales last year. The good side is that yes, she does like to play with it and take lots of pics when on holiday etc. The camera has also got games in it too, which her elder sister likes. However, it gets through batteries very quickly, so it tends to be something that we put batteries into for special occasions like holidays, days out etc...

It was worth the £30 we paid for it, not sure it is worth £60 though.

EldonAve Sun 19-Jul-09 11:35:05

we have the v tech

oysterpots Sun 19-Jul-09 12:35:14

Thanks Karam, I'd heard they eat battery power like there's no tomorrow wink

How old is your child Eldon? Would you rate the vtech? why did you buy that and not the fisher price? Thanks

Karam Sun 19-Jul-09 17:12:57

Actually, I lied... we have the VTECH one, not the fisher price one sorry!blush All other comments still stand.

MissAnthrope Sun 19-Jul-09 17:18:45

Have you considered picking up a couple of cheap disposable cameras?

DD(2.9) loves to take pictures on them when we have days out (zoo etc) and enjoys pinning her 'good' pictures up on the fridge when they've been developed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now