Talk

Advanced search

Sunshade for baby bit in P&Ts?

(5 Posts)
misscreosote Sat 18-Jul-09 14:35:10

OK, I've finally given in and replaced my impossible to push and get into the house maclaren with a phil & teds. Its fab. I love it. Except for the bits that don't really work.... like....

The baby lie flat bit - how do you keep the sun out of their eyes? I've resorted to a cardigan over the rainflap bit (which, by the way, I can't see where on earth to attach to at the top), but is there something out there I can get to do the job properly? (got the double skit on top if it makes any difference)

The pannier bags - I've got the vibe. They don't fit. I've bodged an attachment around the storage tray at the bottom, but am I missing something?

Gargh. I hate double buggies.

EldonAve Sat 18-Jul-09 22:20:58

buy the sunshade

can't help on the panniers - I have the sport and they fit fine

Washersaurus Sat 18-Jul-09 22:32:51

I used to use a muslin or baby blanket stuck to the velcro (for the little raincover) to shield DS2 from the sun in our Sport, but do believe there is a proper sunshade you can purchase.

Also never had problems with the panniers...

sarahrhianna Mon 20-Jul-09 21:30:43

the sunshade covers the whole pushchair and my toddler is not suprisingly not too happy about that.
Why they don't make a detachable hood for the doubles kit is beyond me! it would be better when its on the front for the toddler as more height for their heads to fit under and it would protect my baby from some sun and light showers when on the back.

I use a backpack with a single cross over velcro strap around the side of the pushcahir rather than buy the pannier bags, works fine.

fairimum Fri 24-Jul-09 16:12:35

I have just used a t-towel and iron on velcro across the top (so attaches where the rain cover would) and 2 bits of iron on velcro (thinking ties might have worked better now though!)at the bottom to either go through loops (got sport) or round the top of the 2nd seat when on the bottom (also works then as a shade for 2nd seat when on the bottom - then use one of the hood extnder things to shade front seat!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now