Talk

Advanced search

Mnetters - please can you recommend me a good epilator that leaves my legs stubble free for weeks!

(8 Posts)
PussinJimmyChoos Fri 17-Jul-09 22:03:31

Am fed up with shaving!!!

PussinJimmyChoos Fri 17-Jul-09 22:21:44

Hormonesnomore Fri 17-Jul-09 22:37:52

Epilators are great! Your legs will be stubble free but don't expect this to last for weeks as it depends when in the hair-growing cycle you epilate them - some hairs will grow back quicker than others. I find the best way to use an epilator is to do my legs once a week (in summer anyway), when about a third of the hairs will have grown back - it's quick to do & easier & less painful than waiting several weeks and spending 20 minutes or so plucking out all the hairs. I have a Phillips at the moment but Braun is also a good make. I also use my epilator on my underarms, & bikini line (carefully!)

PussinJimmyChoos Sun 19-Jul-09 21:21:37

Ooh thanks for that...

Ouch at using it on underarms though!! <winces>

ChasingSquirrels Sun 19-Jul-09 21:25:43

I do my legs and underarms on a 7-10 day basis.

PussinJimmyChoos Sun 19-Jul-09 21:41:21

What make have you got?

MissusC Mon 07-Sep-09 16:00:27

defo Braun silk-epil. expensive (£90 ish) but well worth it. actually just found it on amazon much cheaper.

CMOTdibbler Mon 07-Sep-09 16:03:58

I've got a Braun silk epil.

Get your legs waxed before you use it for the first time, and then you can do a bit at a time when not all the hair have come through. Do it every 3 days to start with, and then you get used to it, and can stretch out to 7 days.

Underarms aren't that painful, but are tricky

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now