Talk

Advanced search

If you need INSTRUCTIONS for ANY random piece of equipment etc please post it here.

(17 Posts)
Flgihtattendant Fri 17-Jul-09 21:04:50

Hello, my name is Flight and I am an instructionoholic. I just tried to clear out my filing cabinet and have got instructions for about 200 items. Many of which are no longer in existence.

There are pushchair ones, electrical item ones, pens FGS, toys, climbing frames. You name it. If you have bought something old and useless from a boot sale, I'm your man. As it were. hmmgrin

Right who is first? Plikomatic travel system anyone?

EachPeachPearMum Fri 17-Jul-09 21:07:37

hey- you're back to your 'old' name!
I'm the same... files full of them blush

15 yo tefal steam iron anyone? grin

Doodle2u Fri 17-Jul-09 21:08:37

grin - snap!

Flgihtattendant Fri 17-Jul-09 21:10:54

Oi, stop following me about, Each! <hard stare> grin

Listen, I thought about setitng up an actual website where people could exchange these...keeping stuff nobody can figure out how to use out of landfill. But I have no web talents.

Do you reckon it'd work? Someone do it for us, there's a love smile

Mintyy Fri 17-Jul-09 21:14:57

Flgiht!!!! (flings arms around neck whimpering gratefully) where ya been? Have missed you something rotten. Who were you in the wilderness months?

Can you help me with predictive texting on my motorolo phone, about 18m old, flips open, don't know the model grin?

Flgihtattendant Fri 17-Jul-09 21:18:04

Jeez a flip phone Minty <prises arms off> settle down lovely. I'm here, it's all going to be OK do you hear. grin

I have a C216 if that helps. It didn't ever flip though. Or a Nokia 1280...

<feels a bit useless>

How are you anyway?

AnarchyAunt Fri 17-Jul-09 21:18:44

My electric oven. No, of course I don't know what make it is [rolleyes] but it is doing my bloody head in.

It only switches on when the clock is set but I can't set the clock properly and so I keep setting the timer and then it turns on and off at random and it's idea of 'off' is when you set it to 200 degrees but only sometimes.... [whimper]

Oh and hiya btw smile

onepieceoflollipop Fri 17-Jul-09 21:20:42

I need instructions for dd2 wink. She emits squawking noises at random times of the day and night. Sometimes a small mouth plug solves it, but not always. grin

Flgihtattendant Fri 17-Jul-09 21:23:00

Ah Anarchy yes I have got that model in stock.

That will be £25.67 for the free download if you please.

<disclaimer: we cannot guarantee that you will receive instructions for the correct item. It may be a pen instead>

AnarchyAunt Fri 17-Jul-09 21:32:16

A pen, you say?

Also I think I need instructions on how to reprogramme my blasted dp who turns said appliance off at the switch every time he comes round, thus undoing my best efforts to set the clock.

angry

Flgihtattendant Fri 17-Jul-09 21:35:01

Oh that sounds v frustrating...I have got a smeg and the clock is very easy to set, but i can never bloody remember how to do it.

I usually end up setting the timer or some such disaster.

Big instructions printed on the front of the cooker would help in these instances.

EachPeachPearMum Fri 17-Jul-09 21:37:18

sorry onepices... dd2 is probably too new... only obsolete items here! grin

hippopotamouse Fri 17-Jul-09 21:37:47

This is a great idea! I would like to know if my Servis Automatic 800 washing machine drawer comes out? It is filthy needing a quick wipe over and I don't want to break it! I'm sure you could probably sell old manuals on ebay. I know i've bought lego ones before!

onepieceoflollipop Fri 17-Jul-09 21:40:39

Somebody did try to palm me off with some rather outdated instructions for her, by a writer with the initials GF. wink. dd2 just laughed. grin Clearly as EPPM says, she is a new model.

AnarchyAunt Fri 17-Jul-09 21:46:26

Clever dd2 you have there onepiece grin

I usually find one of the following works with babies, whatever model

food

nappy

jiggle

change of scenery

more food

more nappy

reading financial section of chosen newspaper out loud whilst jiggling

But some babies most obstinate and continue to squawk. Maybe ask manufacturer?

onepieceoflollipop Fri 17-Jul-09 21:50:03

Manufacturer is knackered after too many evenings/late shifts when I'm at work. He has made arrangments so that we will not be manufacturing any new models.

I suspect that the malfunction will reach a peak when we finally remove the dummy for the last time. Then I hope that things will calm down significantly.

WriggleJiggle Fri 17-Jul-09 21:56:12

OK, I've got a challenge for you instruction bods. Slow cooker Cordon Bleu Twin Heat, it's about 20 years old.
Much appreciated smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now