Talk

Advanced search

Calling all Pushchair experts! Lightest pushchair - is it the Maclaren Volo?

(16 Posts)
OrangeKnickers Fri 17-Jul-09 09:11:46

Or is it likely to be an Argos one?

I have a Quest but it STILL seems too heavy!

OrangeKnickers Fri 17-Jul-09 11:24:56

Anyone? I know I am being impatient. grin

OrangeKnickers Fri 17-Jul-09 20:14:41

omg - my pushchair has been completely ignored. I am an outcast

OrangeKnickers Fri 17-Jul-09 21:02:28

off to bed - night night lonely thread

kitsmummy Fri 17-Jul-09 21:25:11

I have a Volo, tis v light indeed, hope that helps

CarGirl Fri 17-Jul-09 21:26:18

Have no idea but prob the volo I should think.

BlameItOnTheBogey Fri 17-Jul-09 21:27:39

Have a Volo and it was the lightest of all those we road tested (many, many...)

CarGirl Fri 17-Jul-09 22:19:47

do you mean lightest to pick up and carry or lightest to push because those little wheels make it harder to push with a toddler in it!

lecohen Fri 17-Jul-09 22:21:29

Hi there, I have a volo and very light to carry - AND push (even with my almost 3 year old in it)

OrangeKnickers Sat 18-Jul-09 08:54:56

thank you!

Am in London, is it Ok to push over bumpy pavements? Also ds loves to walk so could I pack it up and carry it while holding his hand? Would you buy it again??

thanks smile

BlameItOnTheBogey Sat 18-Jul-09 09:56:13

Yes, yes and yes. I am also in London and use it every day to commute in and out. It collapses using just one hand and then you sling it over your shoulder using the strap. V light an easy. I couldn't be without it. Only downside is the brakes are a bit rubbish but nothing too serious.

Celery Sat 18-Jul-09 09:59:18

Yes, the Volo is fabulous.

DavidatPramworld Sat 18-Jul-09 11:27:57

The Volo is defintely one of the lightest but it does have a drawback that it doesn't recline but I cannot think of a lighter pushchair and I've been selling prams etc for 15 years!!

bran Sat 18-Jul-09 11:40:16

I had a Volo for DS as a car/public transport pushchair. It was great if I needed to carry it, and when DS was little I could even carry it up stairs with him in it. It was a bastard to push over uneven pavements though, because it has little wheels it would come to a sudden stop if it hit a big crack/hole. If I was walking any distance at all I used to use his Urban Detour.

I have a Baby Jogger City Mini for DD as her only pushchair and it's a good compromise between easy to push and easy to fold/carry IMO, but definitely not as lightweight as a Volo. It also doesn't have a shoulder strap like the Volo does, just a handle.

CarGirl Sat 18-Jul-09 12:13:03

I think the newest volos have slightly larger wheels than the older ones. It's def noticable lighter than the quest.

OrangeKnickers Sat 18-Jul-09 20:30:13

I think that's settled then, it sounds great. I can use my old footmuff (probably). Thanks for all the help.

DavidatPramworld; Kiddicare.com via Kelkoo have them for £68 - I'd like a red and black frame one. I don't suppose you could match them?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now