Talk

Advanced search

Cheapest group 1 rearward facing carseat?

(13 Posts)
gd1976 Thu 16-Jul-09 20:07:06

I have purchased a Be safe izikid isofix seat- however my mum needs a carseat and I was wondering if anyone knows a cheaper option, but still rearfacing?

nicm Thu 16-Jul-09 23:27:29

hi not sure if the cheapest but our britax twe was 190 inc tether straps. caqn i ask how much your besafe was and which one it is?

nicm Thu 16-Jul-09 23:29:01

sorry just read again and it's the isofix one! blush

gd1976 Fri 17-Jul-09 07:34:21

I don't mind it not being isofix one.... IT cost £270

gd1976 Fri 17-Jul-09 07:35:01

Where did you get your britax twe from NICM?

nicm Fri 17-Jul-09 22:52:11

from the in car safety centre in belfast but they have a store in milton keynes too. they were really helpful and would go back to them again. how do you find the besafe car seat?

gd1976 Tue 21-Jul-09 14:13:00

I'm so pleased with the besafe, it looks so comfy I wish i could sit in it!! I will look up the in car safety centre then, many thanks

FabBakerGirlIsBack Tue 21-Jul-09 14:22:04

Not a brand I have heard of but imo and ime Britax and Graco are the safest and therefore best. It honestly shouldn't be about getting the cheapest.

nicm Tue 21-Jul-09 21:43:45

FabBakerGirlIsBack besafe is a norwegian co and does v well in the geramn tests-it has just been released in the uk. when we bought our rf seat the road safety guy told us that it didn't matter which rf seat we chose as it was already much safer than the best ff one!

thanks for that gd1976-this is the seat i wanted at the start but we couldn't get it because of the underfloor storage issue and you could only order from abroad so i couldn't try before i bought-as it turns out they will fit past the underfloor storage!! anyhow i'm happy with my seat but would like to know what you think of both of them if you get the twe.

PrammyMammy Wed 22-Jul-09 11:51:34

Lidl have carseats if you have one near you, can't remember how much, but i remember thinking wow that's cheap.

gd1976 Thu 23-Jul-09 20:45:04

Fabbakergirlisback- I was only asking for the cheapest as my mum will end up getting a forward facing one otherwise, and as ff seats are actually illegal in Sweden under the age of four, even the cheapest RF seat is going to be alot safer than a FF seat.
Besafe Izikid has come out as the safest seat in Scandanavia where they have more tests than over here in the uk.

mamadiva Fri 24-Jul-09 10:25:15

The Besafe Isofix one is £245 at preciouslittleone.com and the non isofix is £225.

Usable from birth which means you would actually be balancing it out, considering a cabriofix is £100 and then then your normally about another £100 for a group 1 and that's not including if you want a base or normal Isofix.

If I had another child and I actualy bothered to learn to drive I would get that one from the start

Loopymumsy Fri 24-Jul-09 21:32:58

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now