Talk

Advanced search

High Back Boosters/Booster Seats?

(7 Posts)
norfolklass Thu 16-Jul-09 17:33:58

Wondered if anyone could help?

Basically Ive got to take another little girl to school in september when my DS starts reception and Im looking for another car seat to use for her and as a spare just in case I need to take another child home at any time.

My ds has got a Maxi Cosi Rodi high back booster which is absolutely fantastic but I really don't want to fork out another £100 for another one of them. Have looked at the Graco ones which seem good quality for the price but really don't want one that comes apart if that makes sense (ie turns into a booster seat) because Im going to be constantly taking it in and out of the car (only taking the little girl 2 days a week) and can see me getting very annoyed with it.

Also looked at the Britax ones which also seem fab but the head support seems very enclosed and not sure if its very good or not.

DH suggested just getting a normal booster seat to keep in the boot of the car but although both my ds and the little girl are the correct weight it somehow feels less safe if that makes sense??

Any suggestions? What do other people do? It won't actually be used a lot because Im hoping to walk them to school when I can but am not doing a 2 mile walk when its chucking it down so need a car seat for when I do need to use the car. Would you just get a booster seat which would be much easier cause can keep it in the boot?

sazm Thu 16-Jul-09 20:55:48

why not ask her mum? if she would be happy for you to use a normal booster then fine,its much easier to keep one of them in the boot (i have one just in case lol)
but if she would prefer a high backed one,surely she would be prepared to buy it,
if someone offered to give my lo a lift i certainly wouldnt expect them to fork out for a car seat,i would be very happy to provide one,

also i have 2 britax hi-liners and they are fab seats,the shape of the head support is great when they fall asleep, also halfords often do them on offer at £20-£25,

Loopymumsy Thu 16-Jul-09 20:58:05

Message withdrawn

norfolklass Fri 17-Jul-09 08:27:16

Thank you...yep thats kind of what I was thinking anyway but tbh her mum isn't the sort of person to worry about car seats iykwim whereas I know it would bother me everyday I was taking her.

I think if it was an every day sort of thing then I would press for her to buy one but as its only a couple of days a week and the rest of the time it would only be used if I brought someone else home (ie a mum & child that didn't have a car) then I don't feel as though I can ask her to buy one.

Hmm thanks for the advice though-much appreciated. It was what I was thinking anyway deep down but just needed some MN confirmation lol!!

I think I'll have a look round at some Britax ones and get one of those.

moshie Fri 17-Jul-09 08:45:12

I have a Graco one that comes apart, but it stays together as a seat, so is easy to use.

amidaiwish Fri 17-Jul-09 16:22:39

i have a booster as a spare in the boot, but everytime i take another child i always put dd on the booster and the other child in the maxi cosi rodi xr.
am def going to get a spare maxi cosi rodi xr for sept as it's too high a risk. Also as this car seat lasts til they are 11 it's not just for a year or two, so well worth having.

moshie Fri 17-Jul-09 18:16:52

Crikey, does my post make sense?
I meant to say it doesn't just fall apart every time I lift it out of the car, it is quite solid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now