Talk

Advanced search

icandy apple. Have they sorted it's problems out?

(7 Posts)
bandanna Thu 16-Jul-09 14:42:46

I think the icandy apple would be great for us but slightly put off by some of the complaints which mainly seem to be about the chassis. I have also read that they have now addressed those problems. Any views about it??

TamTam29 Fri 17-Jul-09 14:02:15

I was in john lewis this week looking at the pear and the guy couldnt collapse the buggy - it was quite funny watching him struggle then 2 others tried and eventually it shut, but when they tried again it wouldnt!

When i got home i looked on the internet and it seems the problems are either the front wheels or the collapsing mechanism.

DavidatPramworld Sat 18-Jul-09 11:36:48

We have been selling the iCandy Apple from the beginning and it is true that they had some problems to start with. However, over the last year or so we have virtually no issues with the chassis. The folding can be tricky but with a decent demonstration in a proper nursery store you should get the hang of it pretty quickly. We had a older chassis on display for a while which seemed a bit awkward to fold but as soon as we swapped it for a new chassis customers had no problems at all folding it. Hope this helps.

MadEyeballsMoody Sat 18-Jul-09 11:39:27

I have one of the first Apples and have had no trouble at all. The most distressing thing about it has been the foam on the handlebar splitting! I love it, especially during the car seat on the chassis stage but it is heavy.

DavidatPramworld Sat 18-Jul-09 11:57:07

You can easily replace the handle for a new one. It's only a two second job. Depending on when you bought it the guarantee on iCandy products is two years. If you cannot get hold of one email me on david@pramworld.co.uk and i'll get you a price.

MadEyeballsMoody Sat 18-Jul-09 14:23:09

Thanks David. That's good to know. I ordered it in Sept 07 but It was delivered in Nov 07. Either way the guarantee is on its last legs so best get it sorted. I'll have a word at the place where I bought it but will shout if I have no luck. Thanks

bandanna Mon 20-Jul-09 11:08:23

Thanks for your replies. For those who have had no problems with it, they seem to love it! As well as loving the look of it, forward/back facing options etc, we have a dog so need a pram that I can take on tracks/paths. Would you recommend it for that kind of use DavidatPramworld? Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now