Talk

Advanced search

Quinny Zapp owners - come and talk raincovers with me!

(12 Posts)
Hangingbellyofbabylon Thu 16-Jul-09 13:47:58

Just got my Zapp from Ebay - it has a raincover but I'm having trouble getting it to fit well, there are two velcro bits at the bottom, where do they attach to? I bought it with some car seat adaptors to attach the car seat for dashing into school when dd3 arrives in September. However at present dd2 is parked up in it in front of the TV and looks the picture of contentment grin. Could be the appeal of it being bright pink... smile

Hangingbellyofbabylon Thu 16-Jul-09 16:38:54

bump... anyone?

Also tips for opening and closing please - does it get easier? this afternoon I had to kind of lie it on the pavement upside down blush. there must be a better way?

sazm Thu 16-Jul-09 20:59:20

lol,i had one a wee while ago,so am a bit rusty at folding lol,

i didnt have a raincover so cant help there,but you will need a car seat raincover if you are using it with the carseat on,

folding it - there are 2 buttons labelled 1 &2,press them in order then fold the top half of the frame over forwards ,then underneath the buggy is number 3, the big grey handle,pull it upwards and the whole thing will fold and lock into place lol!

good luck xx

nooonit Thu 16-Jul-09 21:38:17

Just to add to sazm's advice, make sure brake is on before you try to fold.

Click in buttons 1 and 2 and flop top half over.

The next bit is the slightly tricky manouvre - push in button 3 and slide it forwards. This makes it all fold in.

Hope that helps - it very quickly becomes automatic. Had to actually go and fold ours up to describe it!

sazm Thu 16-Jul-09 22:05:22

oh yeah,soorry ( i was thinking of putting it up!)
if you put your foot on number 3 and slide it away from you its much easier!

Hangingbellyofbabylon Thu 16-Jul-09 22:05:34

thanks! got a feeling the brakes weren't on earlier (actually know they weren't on earlier as haven't worked out to use them yet blush) Will get DH on the case.

Hangingbellyofbabylon Thu 16-Jul-09 22:06:45

I was sure you should be able to use your foot but couldn't for the life of me work it out - will practice more. I'm used to my trusty maclaren quest which seems peesy in comparison.

CarGirl Thu 16-Jul-09 22:09:20

One side it on (the right?) for the brakes and the other side off.

I never really got the hang of unfolding my zapp without hurting myself tbh!

sazm Thu 16-Jul-09 22:26:24

folding is easy,unfolding is not so easy lol,

scattykatty Fri 17-Jul-09 11:39:46

All this Zapp talk is getting me excited, my lovely new Iron one should be here on Tuesady grin been reading how to unfold/fold it so I can have a headstart! I've heard it's really easy to scratch though?

sazm Fri 17-Jul-09 17:27:02

mine was scratched when i got it so i never really took care of it,lol me bad,
i think the worse bit is that the logos on either side scratch easily,

Hangingbellyofbabylon Fri 17-Jul-09 17:50:24

yes the logos do scratch off easily but it doesn't really bother me. You can buy replacement logo stickers on Ebay if you feel the need wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now