Talk

Advanced search

Do you have a Maclaren Quest Sport or a Britax Nexus ...... come and tell me

(10 Posts)
mosschops30 Thu 16-Jul-09 11:33:30

Whats good and bad about them?

I have ordered both in the Next sale, the Britax was £50 and the Maclaren £70. Can only keep one as already have 3 buggies {blush] dh will kill me grin

At present I have a battered Graco Mirage, an old Mothercare Jive and a nearly new Quinny Zapp

littlelamb Thu 16-Jul-09 11:35:42

Quests are great. Really light, I can carry mine up a flight of stairs with ds still in it! Fold small, have a carry handle for when it's folded which is a god send if you travel on the train with luggage a lot as it's very easy to carry- much easier than the shoulder strap on the Triumph I thought

EldonAve Thu 16-Jul-09 11:59:31

Quests are very good, especially since they improved the brakes
Only downside is a small shopping basket but it works fine for me

mosschops30 Thu 16-Jul-09 12:05:24

I dont have a basket at all on the quinny so a small one would be a bonus smile
The only downside I can see is that the britax is ok from birth, and the quest isnt (3 months i think).
I can also get a car seat to go on the Britax but not the Quest.

littlelamb Thu 16-Jul-09 12:06:51

I got a Quest to use with dd from 8 or 9 weeks iirc. But I wasn't using it much at all, it was literally to take her to and from nursery. I think for light use it's brilliant. Could you get a sling to use until the 3 month mark?

EldonAve Thu 16-Jul-09 12:15:51

Ah well if you wanted it from birth then you needed the Maclaren Techno XLR - it also takes a car seat

mosschops30 Thu 16-Jul-09 12:23:53

doesnt 'have' to be from birth, I can always buy a maxi cosy for my quinny, I was just typing my options out loud.
Its a sale, I didnt get a choice of strollers

EldonAve Thu 16-Jul-09 12:26:40

You got a good price

envy at your Next VIP slot!

mosschops30 Thu 16-Jul-09 12:31:19

Yes was amazed that the stuff I actually wanted was available smile, also got bunk beds for £95 bargain

nappyaddict Fri 21-Aug-09 01:59:49

Just wondered what you thought of the nexus?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now