Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Jane Rocket vs Maclaren Triumph

(12 Posts)
Chuffed Thu 19-May-05 20:22:27

Ok have resigned myself to the fact that for travelling with a 6-8wk old and almost 2 it is going to be hard to find a stroller that suits both.
Has anybody used these both say 3mths+ but baby would only really be in it while the rest of us were say eating - how do they compare. Some of the reviews I've read say that the Maclaren isn't really even suitable for 3mths.
I've got down to these two as they seem to be the lightest and fold the smallest that we can find that recline.
Thanks in advance

jojo28 Thu 19-May-05 21:42:20

Chuffed I have the rocket... I am not sure what you are looking for, is the rocket for the 2 year old or the baby?. I wouldn't recommend the rocket for any baby under 6 months, it reclines but not enough for a small baby. It is very light, got mine to replace my Volo and I like it. Never used the Triumph so can't help you with that one.

Chuffed Fri 20-May-05 09:13:31

Thanks jojo28, I was hoping to find a stroller that we can place the baby in when say eating but use for the 2yr old if they get tired while travelling. The baby would be in a front pack for most of the day but it is impossible to eat with a baby on your front so I was hoping maybe to lie the baby in the stoller at a restaurant etc. Does it recline enough for that do you think? I like the look of the volo but don't fancy getting something that doesn't recline at all as at least the 2yr old can sleep there if necessary.

vickiyumyum Fri 20-May-05 09:40:29

imo the triumph doesn't lie back enough, my childminder uses one of these and i'm happy enough for my 3 year old in it but don't think i would be happy for an 8 week old.
have you looked at the quest, it lays flatter than the triumph, but on the same fram so folds up the same, and should imagine its only marginally heavier than the triumph. i would be much happier with an 8wk old in that than a triumph.

jojo28 Fri 20-May-05 13:43:09

I don't think the rocket would recline enough for the little one, it is great for a toddler as it reclines enough for them to have a good nap. I hated my volo because it didn't recline and the brakes never worked. The rocket is almost as light and has a handy little handle on it for carrying when folded. What about this chicco it isn't as light at 6.8 kg (rocket is 5kg)but it is suitable from birth, lots of friends have chicco's and love them. Just found the Jane energie it is suitable from birth and is only 5.6 kg. Looks good... hope that all helps.

Catilla Fri 20-May-05 14:08:02

I bought the triumph to take my ds to nursery from 6.5 months... put him in it when I first bought it approx 5 months and he just slid down... think a little one would just collapse down/sideways and not really get any back support, even if they would tolerate it.

If you go up the Maclaren range a bit to the Techno, this does lie flat enough for the little one. Would give you a good long life eg. right through to when little one is a toddler.

Have also heard good things about the new Mamas & Papas Pulse as a reasonably lightweight stroller - lies flat and cheaper than Techno.

louloubelle Fri 20-May-05 14:09:12

Ooohh..I have a Jane Powertrack 360, and bought the Energie as a lightweight. I am very pleased with it....lies flat, is high off the ground, has more padding than the Rocket, and has travelled very well on planes etc. Handles are really comfy. Only downside is that you can't use the shopping basket when in lie flat mode, although that may be the same for others such as MacClaren as well. Hope this helps.

Chuffed Fri 20-May-05 14:53:35

Thanks for your feedback, basically we are looking for the lightest, smallest possible pushchair for backpacking so when the stroller isn't in use it is attached via carabineer to the toddler backpack and we will be carrying it around so the smaller the better.
Will have to find somewhere in central london that stocks them both so can compare maybe the energie, rocket and triumph.
The thing is most of the lightest, smallest strollers don't have any recline.

jojo28 Fri 20-May-05 17:34:51

Chuffed... I am not suggesting this is remotely practical but just for fun and also just to wonder out loud why more people do not stock Aprica over here. They are so lightweight and they fully recline... but expensive. It seems to me that they are the only fully reclining buggies that come in at 5kg. Don't suppose you know anyone in the US?!

Chuffed Fri 20-May-05 20:16:12

jojo28 - that certainly has given us something to think about - dh goes to NY last week of June for work although it is quite a bit more than what we were wanting to spend as a 'holiday' buggy.
Thanks

jojo28 Fri 20-May-05 22:51:12

Yeah £200 quid at the current x-change rate but look I've found this one..fully reclines and costs $100 look ! I will stop now, just in case you are a little concerned with my obsession with your buggy conundrum!

Teaandcake Tue 24-May-05 10:06:51

I would go for the Maclaren every time. Based on build quality and reliability the Mac is a far better product.

If the baby is only going to use it occaisionally, then the Quest would do the job, it is a bit more comfortable than the Triumph, with leg supports which effectively lengthen the 'bed' when reclined.

However, it may not be light enough for your needs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now