Talk

Advanced search

Be Safe Izikid isofix or mobi rearward facing car seats?

(2 Posts)
gd1976 Wed 15-Jul-09 18:26:01

I am having such a dilemma-

After several weeks of research about group 1 carseats, I have decided to definately go for a rearward facing seat. I have managed to narrow it down to the Maxi Cosi Mobi and the Izikid isofix. I like the idea of isofix as they are impossible to put in incorrectly and therefore safer. Also the seat will be moved between cars alot and it may be more simple to move with not having to use a seatbelt, and again less room for installing incorrectly. However, the izikid is apparently very bulky and takes up a huge amount of space. We have a passat estate and a golf, but it will also need to fit a punto, and the passenger seat will be compromised.
The Mobi is smaller, but without isofix and I am wary of installing it wrongly, with having to move it between cars so much. Is it fiddly to install?
Price wise there isn't much difference where I have sourced them from, but I just want what is best for my ds and practical....

Any advice????

ButterbeerAndLemon Wed 15-Jul-09 18:29:13

Have you posted on the rearfacing forum? You can probably get advice from people who know your model of car.

Have you looked at the Akta/Graco Duologic? It's an ISOFIX seat, but also fits small cars very well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now