Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a double (one behind the other) buggy?

(8 Posts)
ChubbyBear Wed 15-Jul-09 17:04:30

I have a 1 year old and another on the way, I'm looking for a double buggy where I can fit the 1 year old and a car seat with the newborn in at the same time. There seems to be loads but they offer the either/or option and not both. Any help would be appreciated, its a tiresome task.

bluemousemummy Wed 15-Jul-09 20:27:51

The Zoom twin travel system is the one I would have gone for if money had been no object - it looks amazing and is really light and has total adaptability. Maybe try ebay?

CramItUpYourCramHole Wed 15-Jul-09 20:31:06

my graco was cheap and has been great

its a bit heavy but I am a big strong gal and its kept me fit.

stirlingstar Wed 15-Jul-09 20:31:17

I like my P&T (despite problem with seat fabric that I posted about earlier in year). You can get fixings to put a car seat on it - but could be that you can't then put the 1 yo in too. I see your problem. I think I've seen the iCandy ones with car seats on them?

LackaDAISYcal Wed 15-Jul-09 20:36:07

Does it need to be a tandem?

Mamas and Papas do the Aria twin plus which has a normal sized seat and then a narrower seat, but it is side by side. Their primo viaggo car seat fits onto the normal side to make a travel system.

It is a bit wide, but I road tested one and was impressed by how easy it was to push, even one handed when my DD wanted to walk.

kellybabyguds Thu 16-Jul-09 10:25:50

The bebe car Vector duo gives you this option plus has really nice seat units for when you don't want to use it as a travel system.

mogs0 Thu 16-Jul-09 19:27:59

I have a jane powertwin for sale which might suit your requirements. You can put car seat either in the front or the back (but it needs to be a jane carseat - not included).

sazm Thu 16-Jul-09 20:52:19

i had the graco stadium duo too,and i found it great,
lovely and cosy for newborn, comfy enough and cosy(comes with free front apron/cosytoes)for bigger one at front,really big shopping basket, and very handy having the car seat attaching to the back,
i also found it handy that the car seat had a base as it was SO easy to put it in the car,esp when you have 2 lo's to strap in,

only prob i found was that when the carseat is on the back seat,the front one cant be reclined as the toddler at the front hits their head on it!

i also had a phil and teds which i LOVED,but,i liked having the option of putting the car seat on the back,and bearing in mind the price difference if money is no object and you will use it a lot,i would get the p&t,or a jane powertwin (but i heard reviews on it about it tipping,thats why i didnt go for one) if you have a budget/dont use it for walking lots,then the graco is great,

good luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now